1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sound and Pointer problems

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Z-Layrex, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Just got it and surprise surprise, it's not working properly! (What IS it with this game, it's hardly processor heavy!)

The music and voice sounds sound all wrong, keep juttering, and the pointer flickers too, anyone know how to fix this, my PC easily meets specs.

2. Somnus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What is your video card? I had similar problems even though my system met the reqs too. I had a 32mg card, but could barely load the game. I ended up having to buy a GeForce 2 64mg card to play the game.

I think when they say min reqs, they mean min req to see something on the screen. Playing the game is another matter all together.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I'm not sure, i'l have to ask the person who bought the PC. I think it's a Rare of some sort.

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I had the same problem, Z...I think the system specs area a misnomer.

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

usually when i look at the system specs I look at the Recomended side not the min req side. :)
    Recomended means that it "will" play it.
    min req means that it "should" play it.
    and as everyone knows "should" is not "will" when it comes to computers :p
    some exceptions ofcourse depending what other stuff you have running on your system that may interfere with processing speed.

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Well my PC is 800MHz so it's dead on reccommened.

7. Syrel Gems: 6/31

depends
    you say you have sound problems which genrally means it is not your CPU speed that is the problem and since you have 800mhz it isn't.
    the problem is more then likely either RAM which shouldn't be the problem since if you have a 800mhz board then it should have come with at least 64mb of RAM more then likely more.
    so that leaves the sound card.
    check and make sure you have uptodate drivers for your soundcard and unless you bought it within the last 6 months you probally don't. unless you upgraded them manually. it could be the sound card is not direct x 8.1 compatible. if you sound card is on your motherboard and not a seperate card it can cause problems as well. I had my soundcard on my board and i'm running a 750mhz amd and i had no sound in diablo 2. i bought a seperate card for $12 and upgraded the drivers and it fixed all my problems.

8. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What a deal! What card is that and where can I find it?

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Sorted it :)
    My Rage Fury card needed new drivers, the pointer still flickers, must be the RAM, ah well, just a minor detail. Thanks to all who tried to help.

10. Syrel Gems: 6/31

the audio card is called Thundering digital 5.1
    I bought it at a computer show for $12 but you should be able to get it somewhere like comp-usa or even staples.
    or maybe even order it online.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.