1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Experience Bug

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by TrueBlueAussie, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Being the cheesy bugger that I am, I decided to take my Fighter 20 / Weaponsmaster 7 that I mentioned in the Powerhouse build thread and decided to see how quickly I could race through the OC fully loaded with the best equipment money could buy. All was going well until helms hold. I was only getting 4 exp per kill and there were critters absolutley everywhere. I managed to level up in Helms hold for the first time in the game but it was there that tings went strange. the experince per kill suddenly jumped out of proportion. I am getting a minumum of 100 exp per kill (like for the deer in the woods) up to 600 for things like dire bears. I am not cmplaining because I am now up to level 34 and have achived amazing feats but I am still curiouus to why this has happened. Any info wouldbe muchly appreciated.

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't know much about it, except that my current Druid/Monk/Shifter is experiencing something similar. I began the game in the OC with a Druid, and after my first level up picked a level of Monk. And suddenly I was getting about double the experience per kill than on any other run through the game. I'm certainly not complaining, as levels come slowly enough at those low levels anyway, but it is certainly odd.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just finished the OC with my Druid/Monk/Shifter, and reached level 18 with it. Very nearly level 19 too, as the drow thief that steals your stuff at the beginning of HotU was enough to raise my level to 19. Should be interesting to see how high a level I will be able to reach in HotU. Or to see if this bug even persists into HotU.

4. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bug????

Start the OC off as a Sorcerer and do not kill any of the avoidable goblin. Level up at the old man, and than continue to where the wizard is, you should be able run by the Wizard into the next room. Clear out the goblins, etc... Level up, rest and go back and clear out all the goblins you missed. Guess what. As a L3 Sorcerer killing these goblins now gives you 75xp and not 20xp, why is that? By the time you are done empty the Acadamcy you are L4 and a couple thousand from L5 if that. Try the same thing with a fighter type character and the xp gain after reaching L3 is much less. I had that same sorcerer at L11 or was is L12 before I finished Chapter 1. Also, if you Level the Sorcerer up to level 5 and take RDD levels vs. Sorcerer levels you gain more xp.

I think the game is looking at the character's overall levels, etc... If you have two classes do not have a warrior BAB you tend to get more xp for most if not the whole game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.