1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chapter 2 Inn (Salsa Shark, We're gonna need a bigger boat)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by cornelius_organa, Jul 10, 2002.

1. cornelius_organa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This sounds really lame, but I am on a 56k and I do not have the patience right now with my step mom's computer to load NWN and check for the details. If you know what I am about to ask you know, if you don't, well, than this shouldn't be too much of a spoiler.
    I just started chapter 2 and I have been travelling the dungeon at 'Port (insert correct name here) Inn'. I have been up and down the three levels but I just can't seem to get the right trinket to satisfy the stupid statue at the end of the whole thing. So far I have the skull, the insect, and the frog. Either I am stupid or the RPG Gods have had it out for me all day because I promised my self I would never sink this low to ask for help (Lord forgive me). Can somebody please tell me wtf I need to get or how to get it so I can allow myself to move on from this sidequest?
    Thanks,
    Corn-dawg

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You need the egg, and I thought it was on the same level with the statue that wants it. I could be remembering wrong, but wasn't it in a chest where those Invisible Stalkers were? Where one of the other contestants asks you for a bit of healing...

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You are correct Blackthorne. Check in the room with the invisible stalkers. Don't remember any contestant except for that dwarf. The stalkers are a tough fight though, if you haven't already done it.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh ho! Spoiler below!
    Interesting. For me there was one of the contestants (one of the men IIRC) and he asked for healing. I provided a potion to him and he told me that he figured out how to kill the Invisible Stalkers, only he figured it out to late to help himself. What you need to do (if you don't want to fight the Stalkers) is have them chase you out the door and back to the glowing pillar. The pillar will kill them all for you in a flash of lightning! :)

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31

SPOILER
    BTA, do you mean the dwarf that attacks you? That was the only contestant I met in the maze. Possibly it's a random encounter or something? Maybe next time I'm going to have to keep an eye open. Fighting those stalkers was nasty until I realized that I could use turn undead on them.

6. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] the dwarfen encouter is not random. he even carries an item of importance :D ...

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    No, it wasn't the Dwarf, but the Dwarf showed up after I talked to the other contestant. I'm pretty sure he was a Human. He was standing right next to the glowing pillar weaving drunkenly...

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Massive, I was suggesting that the encounter BTA had may have been random, as I do not recall seeing him. You've sparked my interest now. Did you get any reward or anything whenever you healed him, and where exactly is the pillar that you speak of?

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I'm not sure about reward, I didn't look that closely, but he did tell me about the pillar and its effect on the Stalkers. And the pillar is in the room right next to the one with the Invisible Stalkers. If you open the door and they chase you, it's just a few steps away to their death :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 11, 2002).]

10. cornelius_organa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks for the help....I can't believe I missed that treasure chest. For some reason I did not read the riddle correctly adn thought the "box w/out hinges, etc., etc." was supposed to be the method of finding it. Guess I'll start reading more closely.
    I read over the comments and went back to check a few things and I am pretty sure that the Dwarf shows up in fornt of the final room after you have gotten the egg. As far as the other guy goes, most of the time I found him to be there except maybe once. It must be a random chance encounter just as the body and book in the room with the riddle about the daughters.
    Corn-dawg

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hmmm... The body of the other contestant in the room with the numbered signposts and the riddle was there for me too. I wonder if it depends on if you talked to them before you entered, or maybe how much time you've taken to get through the dungeon... I believe I skipped one floor by answering the riddles of the Yuan-Ti instead of taking the other exit down <shrug>.

12. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

first time i did it the body with the riddle was there. the second time i did it,it wasn't there.
    also the first time i did the dungeon the dwarf wasn't there. but he did show up the second time i did it..
    (first time with a ranger) (second time with wizard)
    I didn't talk to the girl whos body is in the riddle room the second time but i did talk to her the first time. so more then likely you need to talk to her. however the dwarf i talked to both times. the first time i was nice to him and gave him gold. the second time (the one where he showed up) i told him off and said i would kill him in the dungeon :D

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Interesting. You're suggesting that this may be an encounter that occurs only if you talk to her in two places? Which girl is this, and in which areas does she occur?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.