1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Traps etc...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ron the Gnome, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. What was the hardest trap you encountered in the game?
    2. What do you think of a Monk/fighter combiansion? it is truth he loses some of the latest monk feats, but he gain so much feats...

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Fighter/Monk is an okay combination, but I don't think its a *great* one. The character does gain some nice hp, BAB, and feats from the fighter levels, but overall the monk gets so many useful special abilities that its not that much of an advantage. Especially since the monk's unarmed damage and attack rate are level dependent.

A fighter or ranger with a few levels of monk gets some nice advantages, but if you intend to play more like a monk (relying on unarmed combat, etc) the fighter class is no better than (and maybe not as good as) concentrating on pure monk.

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] there is one trap i found that had like a dc of 45 and did 105+ fire dmg (if save failed) it was in chap 2 i believe and killed me a cpl times as my char only had 75 hp at the time, before i went and got Tomi to un trap it :) that was the only trap i really had problems with though i was using my Ranger.

4. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Heh I wouldn't know since whenever i saw a trapped chest i just magic missiled it if my pixie familiar wasn't around. I had a pretty decent search score so I generally spotted them in time. If there was a trap on the floor that I couldn't possibly avoid, I just cast find traps (which, suprisingly works just like the knock spell disabling the trap) or summon my familiar to disarm it, or summon a badger (1st level spell) and send it to test the traps power :p

As for a fighter/monk, I suppose 2/18 or 4/16 are viable level distributions. The fighter level will let you take weapon speacilisation unarmed. The only thing you lose is the level 20 ability that the monk gets (15/+1 damage reduction i think). But you get an extra attack to boot making your unarmed attack numbers 6 per round (many of these things i mention are normally not allowed in DnD btw :) )

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] ya my wizard just used magic to blow apart any traped chest or door usually regardless if i saw a trap or not since i didn't have good search skill untill later in the game :) for floor traps what i would do is summon a monster and have him appear on the other side of the trap then he would come back over to me and set it off :lol: my wizard was evil :evil:

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, if I find any trapped chests that I can't deal with, I usually bombard them with enchanted missiles. Most of them are not equipped to resist elemental attack forms. And there is no shortage of elemental damage missiles, so that isn't an issue.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.