1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite starter combo for NWN

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ragusa, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What's your favourite race/ class/ multiclass starter combo with 3 given levels - the level you start adventuring in the city of Neverwinter?

Today I thought about that and I created another, smarter (int-12), pally (I made some mistakes rolling and leveling up my first pally) and I really like the result:
    • human race
    • 2 Paladin levels
    • 1 Fighter level

Stats are str-14, dec-13 (needed for dodge and mobility), con-13, int-12, wis-13, chr-13. Relatively ballanced stats - however, my char would lack str over the game since I'd rather invest points in chr (better turn undead), wis (better saves) and con (better saves, better hp). However since you iirc receive 4 or 5 stat points over the game he'll end up with str-15 or 16 in the end anyway, not too bad :)

Choosing human race you enjoy the bonus feat and start with your lvl-1 paladin having two feats (I chose: exotic weapon - b'sword & weapon focus: b'sword). I put 4 points each in taunt, heal, concentration and persuade (parry is useless when you go for heavy armor due to the massive penalties). Then I added another pally level to improve lore by 4 points. I finally added a fighter level - and I got 2 more feats (power attack and cleave) and 4 more skillpoints (put them into discipline).
    All in all a very nice, well ballanced, able and powerful char :) Not that I will play him immediately now - I put way too much time and effort in my current game to re-start only because of inefficient char generation :D

Any other fancy combos? Besides, this thread is not competitive - so please no "My char beats your char by far ...."-rubbish - there still is gamebanshee for posts like that :evil:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 05, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  2. ctl-alt-del Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I chose a human fighter to level-2 concentrating on archery\longbow and then level up with sorcerer. This way I can get some decent HPs and provide some artillery support for my front-liner. Also I will only loose one level 9 spell if i even get my Chr that high.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The one I have ended up playing is a Sorcerer/Paladin.

Str 8
    Dex 8
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 14
    Cha 18

Feats
    Toughness
    Combat Casting
    Spell Penetration

Skills
    Concentration
    Spellcraft
    Persuade
    Lore

1st level as a Sorcerer for a few reasons, not the least of which is to get the neat little wand. :)

2nd level as a Paladin because of Divine Grace - charisma bonus added to all saves - it's fabulous! Secondary reasons were to get a HP boost, immunity to disease and a pack of nice feats just in case.

3rd level, and all subsequent levels, as a Sorcerer.

He's a Sor-5/Pal-1 right now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.