1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No one plays Hordes of the Underdark?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by teekc, Jun 8, 2004.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i went to the faqs and they offered limited depth. i came here and no one is talking about it. i cannot see why this NEW game is that bad. Well like i said it, its new enough for more discussion about it (is it not?). Why no one talks about it?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IMO, it's the best of the 3, by far. To my knowledge, I think most people here are the same way. I think it gets less discussion here because it's better designed and more straight-forward than the first two campaigns, and hence is less confusing. Usually there's a multitude of topics in a game when something is confusing or lots of advice needed.

I remember there being plenty of topics on the subject in recent past. :confused:

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Probably because, all said and done, it was just one long fight from start to finish with some incredibly poor puzzles thrown in for good measure?

I've played it through twice (the second time just to see what I'd missed the first time) and both times I was left thinking that while it had the makings of a decent expansion it was just too small. And the truly teeth-clenchingly-bad puzzles just kill any kind of replay value for me. If someone could mod the game to get rid of the puzzles, it would certainly be a big improvement.

4. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

@teekc

I would be happy to discuss HoTU with you. I promise that any post you make about the game, and the expansion...I will respond to.

It's just kinda hard to respond to "no one's talking about this"...other than to say "uh-huh".

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I was all excited about NWN, but since it turned out to be such a disappointment in the single player department there was no reason for me to buy the expansions. Thus my not playing HotU.
    :sleep:

6. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's not that new anymore. I finished it some time last year and then went back to playing online since then. I did play through it again earlier this year to try out a new character build, but it was pretty similar to the first time through.

P.S. - If it were considered bad, there'd be lots of posts talking about how bad it was and what was wrong with it.

[ June 09, 2004, 14:06: Message edited by: BigStick ]

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Or maybe people don't care enough for the game to bother posting bad comments about it?

8. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I would probaably discuss it more, had I owned the game... :(
    I don't know why I haven't bought it yet; maybe I've lost interest. I mean, NwN is a fun game and I would like to play it a lot more than I am now. I just don't know... :hmm:

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

In my experience, which might be completely wrong, players that still play alot of NWN mostly do so online.

Now why there is not so much talk about the expansion is:
    1) It has not that much replay value, although it is the best of the three
    2) There is enough custom build modules so that players who mostly/solely play solo can play without needing to replay the same campaign over and over
    3) The puzzles are not that difficult, compared to alot of other games, the puzzles are actually quite logical.
    4) There are not so many hidden/confusing features in it. All is very clear or well documented in game.

Now, also consider that no posts is not the same as nobody plays it. If I had to post on here for every game I play, I would have a much more beautiful gem than I have now. I still actively play most games covered on sp, but that doesn't mean I actively post in the forums all the time.

10. Youko Bazuttu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have to aggre with you there i never even finished the HotU single player, i bought the game to play online with my friends.

11. Largon Thunderhorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I enjoyed the whole game start to finish. I hate puzzles tho (period). I found most of it self explanatory (NPCs are all too wordy, tho!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.