1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

From lawful to chaotic

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Blue, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I've experienced that certain types of action can move your alignment between good and evil, and don't want to discuss them here, but have anybody yet found out which actions will change your degree of lawful/chaotic?

My paladin was born 85 % lawful. How do I get him to 100 %? The manual says if he stops being lawful he will no longer be a paladin. But what will turn him from lawful? Killing people in the streets? What's his remaining 15 %? Chaotic?

My fighter/thief was born 15 % chaotic, and has stayed that way all along. What is his remaining 85 %? Lawful? Neutral?

If both he and the paladin are both 85 % lawful and 15 % chaotic anyway, then what's the bother with alignments ?.... :rolleyes:

Have anybody discovered any actions at all that can change these stats?

I've searched the forum and read all discussions about alignment, but it seems like nobody has answered this yet.

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am on my third run through the game and have yet to find anything that will change your character from lawful to chaotic or vice-versa.

I played a paladin first time through and he was 85% lawful from beginning to end. While I don't know how to get him up to 100% (or even if it's possible, for that matter), you also don't have to worry about losing your paladin abilities by having him go chaotic on you.

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

blue, my guess is that the developers didn't get around to scripting that. I did an action that I thought was unlawful ... bribing a jury member to insure an innocent vote. However, it changed my alignement 3 points to evil. My goal was "Good", just not "lawful" ... I'm guessing that in MP NWN, the DM's will have more control and this will be a real factor. :holy:

4. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't know how to change alignement, but of you check, there are some actions that give you ponts towards goods: such as taking Master Johns to the gate, or evil, such as threatenning the girl in Blacksale so she will give you the secret word; but does it change the alignement? My guess is having a higher good alignment tend to lower the prices but it is only a guess.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Strangely one of my chars moved from lawful to neutral though i dont know why

6. Belingas Shrek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Perform enough acts opposite to your starting alignment and you basis will shift. I threatened someone in NW and got 35gps from her. My alignment then shifted 15 points towards evil, however. Alignments do not govern your actions, you do. If you think about your own general behaviour. If someone hit you, you would hit them back. That is a neutral action. A reactionary response. If you purposely attack someone that is considered chaotic, maybe even evil, especially if its against the young or infirm. The game though tries to direct you along a certain path and like most rpg based games, both electronic and paper based, the end result is - You good guy, save world, get girl (or boy), be rich. You actions during this process will tend to be lawful (no stealing, unlawful acts - like attacking people good or bad), and neutral (talking to people in a generally good manner). I'm currently playing two games of NWN, the first one is a real S#@!E, the other a normal person. The first one isn't doing too well because of what they keep doing. So the moral is, if you really want to change your alignment then you must think along that alignment and you will end up there. Believe it will happen. Enjoy! (My first character isn't!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.