1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Didn't receive full hp after leveling

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by vermicious canib, Jun 24, 2005.

1. vermicious canib Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm a newbie at this game. Currently playing the O.C. as a Fighter2/Paladin1. After gaining enough XP to reach 4th level, I gave him another level of Paladin but I received only 10hp instead of 12. His constitution is 14 and so I think he should have gotten 12 like he did the previous 3 levels.

Can someone tell me whether there are conditions that need to be met to gain max hp? Do I have to adjust the difficulty? (currently on normal). Do I have to be at full hp when deciding to level?

In case the first paragraph was confusing. I do understand that paladins and fighters only receive 10hp a level, but this character should also be receiving 2 bonus hp a level due to his constitution. He should be at 48hp not 46.

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Max hp are only granted at first and second levels. If you set the difficulty to easy you might get max hp on levelling up, but I'm not positive.

3. vermicious canib Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you for replying so quickly. This forum does not seem so active. If the computer actually rolls hp, then I'm lucky to have gotten 12 at 3rd and 10 at 4th. I'm used to Baldur's Gate where hp were maxed, but with these 3rd ed rules, I guess I'll still end up with a lot more.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    If you want to get the maximum number of HP you don't have to reload, just don't accept/validate the level up until you get the maximum for your class and CON...

5. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Or you can use the DebugMode to max your HP...

DebugMode 1
    d12
    d12
    d12
    until the result is 12
    LevelUp
    DebugMode 0

Is should work with d10, because the HP is d10+CON in case of a Paladin, but for a reason it did not work on my computer...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.