1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I guess I should have listened...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Havok12, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Havok12 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

to all you guys when you said how bugged and screwed up NWN is. But i didnt, i just bought it the other day and downloaded all the patches. Now about 1 in every 5 or so saves i make wont load. i get an error and the game crashes to desktop.

i just lost my entire game because of this bug. My autosave wont load and my other save wont load either. so basically im screwed :wail:

Is anyone else having this problem??? and is there anyway to fix it???

[ December 30, 2002, 09:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I honestly don't understand, my friends and I that all have the game have had absolutely zero problems! And yet I read yet another post that describes problems with the game, I just don't understand.

3. Havok12 Gems: 1/31

i wish i knew what it was.... ill load the saved game and the loading bar goes all the way to the right then i get the microsoft error and it crashes to desktop.

And its not because i have a weak computer.
    I have a

-AMD Athlon clocked at 1.62GHz
    -512mb Crucial PC2100 Ram
    -Nividia Geforce2 TI overclocked to 260/430Mhz
    -Soltek 7DRV2 VIA KT266a Motherboard

maybe its windows XP???

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] All my problems were sorted out with adding more RAM to my computer and you have more than i have now so it can't be that. NWN should run ok on XP after all it was out after XP was released by try running it in win 98 compatability mode to see if that helps you any.

5. Thauglor Gems: 1/31

The only problems I have found with my game is that it slows down sometimes, and it the sound messes up every once in a while, but nothing major like crashes.

6. Pix Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

no probs on my comp.

7. Death2All Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I didnt have any trouble out of the game saves until my video card got fried(GeForce 2). When I installed my new card(3D Prophet 4000XT) it would not load the game. I only had about 2 hours tied up in the game so I didnt lose much. But now it just slows down a little every so often and the sound sometimes isnt right.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.