1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keeping Henchmen in Hordes (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've read so much about this, but it didn't work for me.

I just finished Mephi off, but when I got to Halaster, he teleports me with Deekin. I later get Valen, but after smashing the Valsharess Mephi teleports me with no henchmen. What's up? How come I got no henchmen? After picking up Aribeth I was betrayed since I had 0 persuade skill.

What have I done wrong that I was unable to keep Deekin all the way from start to end?

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've never had problems keeping Deekin. He stayed with me from start to finish.

Valen and Nathyrra caused me problems in that I had them with me throughout chapter 2 yet when I defeated the Valsharess neither of them followed me into chapter 3. I even reloaded from my previous save and ran through the fight again in case I'd missed something, but no such luck. When I was teleported inside the temple to fight the Valsharess, neither Valen nor Nathyrra came with me.

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The battle with the Valsharess is one-on-one. After you are killed and switch places with Mephistopheles(sp?), he escapes and begins killing everyone, including your former henchmen. If you want them back, you have to ask the gatekeeper guy in the nexus-place to bring them to you. I believe you have that option in your first conversation with him and perhaps only then.

Beyond that, you must have whatever henchmen you want to take with you to the final battle before you return to Faerun.

4. david w Gems: 19/31

Actually when I kept Deekin with me to the end, I didn't have to ask the Gatekeeper to bring him back to life. Mepho didn't kill him at all as Deekin never followed me inside the temple where I fought the Valsharess, although when I was transported to the Gatehouse, Deekin was there waiting for me.

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's odd. I lost both my henchmen before the battle with the Valsharess and had to request that the Gatekeeper bring to me any with whom I had traveled in chapter 2. Then I got to ask them to join with me again. Deekin gave some story about telling the angels that he was in the wrong place. :)

6. Thormiel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

David W,

I don't think you can bring any henchman with you inside the temple to fight against the Valsharess. You, and you alone are just teleported there in the cutscene.

7. david w Gems: 19/31

That's the way it happened.

The first time, I moved to chapter 3 and Deekin was waiting for me. The other time, I moved to chapter 3 but my companions (Valen and Nathyrra) were gone. I reloaded and did the fight again in case they'd taken place in the fight and got killed but they weren't there at all. I guess whichever programme moves them to the Gatehouse didn't kick in for some reason. The option to summon them via the Gatekeeper wasn't something I was offered, as far as I remember.

8. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have yet to see any forums that have a real answer on this. but it is a sure thing (from a bioware guy) that you can only get Deekin and the 2 henchmen from chpt. 2. But, the cause is still unknown as to why some get the option, and some don't. I wanted to keep deekin, but was only allowed Valen the first time through, then i got both chpt 2 characters, but still no deekin. I couldn't have Deekin sing me to sleep with his uplisting "doom doom doom" song everynight, it was so lonely!

@Thormiel - You are right, you dont' get any henchmen in the fight with the valsharess, but I did get to keep my Golem, and boy did he have a fun time of it!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.