1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Game is too slow to go on

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Enroth, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Enroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was in loved with the first episode, some years ago, but with thi version, i feel bored.
    I still didn't finished the 1 dungeon, and i've played for 1 week !
    Turn Based Combat take too much time, the map isn't effective cause of lack of information.
    Do one know how to increase the gameplay ?
    Thanks a lot.

2. lexnex Gems: 1/31

Well first off to increase the Map in the dungeon use the flags, It's the only way to go, Otherwise the map is pretty useless except to see where you haven't been

3. Captain Taco Gems: 1/31

Enroth, download the Character Editor and supe up your heroes. It's the only way I can play the game without dying of boredom. If anything, it makes the end of the game come sooner. This game is a major DRAG!!! The sooner it's over with, the better.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I feel really inspired by this game when I have been sitting watching the 6 skeletons and zombies do their moves and attacks in the slowest way possible, and then all my characters miss when it's their turn. Another half an hour goes by, one of my characters hits but doesn't kill, another half an hour goes by...

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Has Stormfront said anything on the "fudged dice roll" front? I've heard complaints from almost everyone who's played this game, but I'm just wondering if it's really true or not. Regardless, I'm so amazed that a game with so much hype, history, and potential turned out so poorly. Here's a bit two thumbs up for Stormfront Studios. Great job guys.:p

6. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I am very disappointed in this game so far. I've seen a 'few be patient it gets better' deals out there. Believe you me I'm trying but it just keeps dragging and dragging and dragging. The music is well done but does not help the dragging. I've almost fallen asleep a few times during combat. You do seem to miss a helluva lot dont you.

7. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I finially downloaded the speed patch for POR and it did help with the slow combat. Unfortunately, even with the extra speed, there is not a patch out that actually makes up for the overall poor story, interface, character development, reentless swarms of the same monsters, horribly large dungeons, poor mapping, ect.

Games are supposed to be a joy to play.....I feel like the only reason I keep trying to play POR is that I seem to forget, after a day or two of not playing, how shitty this game is.

8. Enroth Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I finally stopped played, once reached the outside ! some times after i posted.

Cause : Still same monster !!! i was bored, fed up, and now that i ve received Dark Age Of Camelot :) :) i get pleasure playing.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway.

see Ya.

9. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That seems to be a very good idea, Enroth.

10. Rae Gems: 1/31

Did the speed patch help with the overall party movement or just the combat sequences?

11. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

It speed up general movement as well.

12. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have failed. I did not have the patience to go through the whole game. As a matter of fact I didn't make it out of the first set of dungeons. I gained a few levels and fought some zombies and some orcs and then I finished a quest and then ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

13. Majjin Gems: 1/31

(Not Spamming Tal..lol, jus schools boring lol)

Just stick with it until you find a handy dandy weapon thats +5 against undead +X2 DmG ^_^. Also, a Cleric/Paladin that turns undead makes it even more fun to hit um with a almost 100% chnce to hit ^_^ I hated the game too, but it grew on me now that I found I'm a idiot at times when I ask for help before looking at the map to see shadow areas I havent went to yet...trust me if I can play it and do it anyone can. Screw the speed, use the patch and go speedy gonzolaz on their butts, but have fun doing it :wave:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.