1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

After Poquelin transports my party to Easthaven...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by mark, Aug 28, 2001.

1. mark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] the game seems to be paused but I am helpless to do anything about it. None of the hotkeys work, none of the buttons work, and I can't pause/unpause ---> it's just frozen although my party will speak at me for not moving them.

Any Ideas? HELP!

2. Check if your keyboard is plugged in right. The screen probably froze or something. That's all I can tell you for now.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Also - download the most recent patch too! Just to be on the safe side. There was a problem with that happening when the game first came out!

I think you can find the patch here: http://www.interplay.com/icewind/store.html

If not, let me know, I can email you the patch.

4. mark Gems: 1/31

The thing that stinks is that I DO have the patches --> the 1.5 AND the 1.6.

My keyboard is fine or i wouldn't have been able to fight him 10 seconds before it froze.

I reloaded the game and tried it three different times and each was the same although I tried to make minor changes to my party to see if that helped - nope.

This is sad. I get to the end and can't finish!

Thanks for the REPLIES. Any other help would be great!

Thanks

5. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It happened to me too, justa a question...

did u let the movie end? maybe there is the problem...

6. mark Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I tried it both ways. Neither of them worked. I started over this morning.

7. Rae Gems: 1/31

I had the same problem. After three attempts and faced with starting over, I decided to install Heart of Winter (HoW)before finishing Icewind to see if it would help. After the installation, I was able to finish in Easthaven before moving on into HoW. It might work for you as well?

8. mark Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the advice. I have started over and I'm in the Vale of Shadows now. I like my new party and am content with this course of action...sort of. I do not want to purchase an add on pack to have to finish the game and if it doesn't work this time I'll be trying to get my money back from Fry's or Black Isle. This kind of crap shouldn't happen on a game they are charging $40 for!

9. Whistlingleaf Gems: 1/31

ARGH---

You ALL have had the WORLD famous return to Easthaven bug...

It is caused by the 1.06 patch in IWD only (non-HoW games) thankfully it has a very easy fix:

Go to the OVERRIDE folder in the GAME folder, and REMOVE it by picking it up physically and moving it BEFORE going in to talk to Bro Poq...(putting it on your desktop is fine!)

Then AFTER you see the movie, and are in easthaven again you will need to PUT the OVERRIDE folder back into the game folder...

DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER--JUST MOVE IT AND PUT IT BACK!!!!

Alternately you can remove the contents of the folder to another location, and replace them later -- this works just as well!

BTW HoW users will NOT have this problem!

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I see you have a tendency to reply to old threads as if they were made yesterday. Didn't you see my initial warning in the other topic about checking the date of the last reply before you type a response?

I don't mind if you do reply with a solution to a problem, that'll all fine and well, but keep in mind that this topic has last seen any action 6 weeks ago. Don't expect to see a revival anytime soon.

11. Whistlingleaf Gems: 1/31

Tal didn't you see that I posted all of these post at the same time? So, No I couldn't have seen your "warning"...

Though perhaps there are others who might see this thread now posted at the top and not re-post a question that was never answered...

[I would step lightly if I were you. Your privileges here can easily be revoked if you step on the wrong toes - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited October 16, 2001).]

12. mark Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] WhistlingLeaf

I'm so pumped on you! Thanks for that. Even though your reply did come 5 weeks later, I still haven't been able to beat the game. Now I will thanks to you!!!!!

13. Whistlingleaf Gems: 1/31

EDIT--FYI--I don't read messages I have already read unless they have been bumped... so I didn't see the other edits...nor will I read any edits unless this gets bumped!

I came in here and answered unanswered tech questions, and get "warned"?

Did you know that 100% of everybody that installs the IWD 1.06 patch will get stuck by this bug unless they have HoW-- this makes this a HUGE bug, and it is not going to get fixed! (I am also the person that repeatedly bugged "Aqua" the webguy at IPLY to post this fix onto their site.)

I did not violate the TOS by posting tech answers to topics that were unanswered a few weeks late... and I get warned... that is not very hospitable...

Lastly-- Isn't that funny that the guy who was stuck, and never got an answer-- finally got one???

[We do because we try to interfere with the topics as little as possible, i.e. by not adding new replies not related to the topic of the post. Unlike you, who will keep ranting here instead of keeping quiet after being asked. Which, incidentally, is another breach of the Forum Rules/FAQ, which you, still, obviously haven't read. If you had, you'd see a rule in red stating that if you have anything to say to the moderators or admins, you must mail them.

I have nothing against you posting here or being helpful, but you will obey our rules while you do. You have broken two important ones, and then even tried to be smarter than the moderators and tell them you didn't break any rules. Really, who do you think you are? Someone who knows the rules better than the people who made them? Get real.

Idiot of the Week plaque is yours.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 19, 2001).]

14. mark Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] [Forum Rules not observed, post deleted.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 21, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.