1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where can I get MONEY?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Thunderhammer, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

One of the things I like about IWD is the fact you start out at first level with little or nothing and can progress through high levels. The thing I've found difficult is finding ways of making money. All of the shops I've encountered so far don't allow my thief to...uh...pilfer. What's the best way to get some serious cash?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Kill stuff, take their things, sell what you don't want.

*Waves back at Tal from the top of the heap* ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 27, 2001).]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Simple. Do as much stuff as you can and make sure to pick all weapons & equipment with +1 or better enchantment. (Even those that are just exceptionally well made will bring a few gp in.)

Equip your party with the best stuff, but SELL everything else your characters aren't using, because it's most likely you'll be carrying something you intend to use later with you to the end of the game and never use it. And you can always buy it back later if you just happen to want the item back. But I doubt it, since you keep getting better and better stuff as your progress through the game.

/me waves at BTA :p

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 27, 2001).]

4. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

There are also a few NPC that you can pickpocket for items that you can sell for cash..

SPOILER BELOW***********

Try Pick Pocketing the gnome potion maker, the wizard in the tower and the good druid....all in Kuldihar

5. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the heads up. I did try pick-pocketing a few people in the very beginning with less than positive results. I'm not a quitter and my Theif was a low-level but the constant reloading instead of fighting everyone was too time consuming. When I was successful, it yielded poor results. I've finished the Vale of Shadows and was heading back to Kuldahar...I'll give it a try.

Also, what can I do with the ring I got from the Druid in Kuldahar?

[This message has been edited by Thunderhammer (edited August 27, 2001).]

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

*****SPOILER*******
    you should be able to get 2 rings of free action (1 from the mage one from the druid)through pick pocketing them. SELL THEM!

7. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Thanks Guys, the ring thing helped quite a bit. I was able to strengthen up slightly before heading to the Eye of the Dragon

8. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What money.... export your equiped characters, then sell their stuff then import them again... simple :D

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Or faster, create 99999999 gp for yourself from the console. Not!

10. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31

I've gone through BG, BG2 and now IWD without cheating. Hell, when I steal something and sell it back to the original owner it feels like cheating...almost.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] After seeing this post at the top of the list for IWD every day this week I'm a little confused. I didn't have any real money problem in BG, BG2 or IWD. Just collect the stuff from people you kill and sell it. I thought this was a pretty simple concept. By the end of chapter 2 in IWD I had enough money to buy the +3 mace that healed my cleric when he hit.

I short you should have any problem finding and selling loot.

12. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31

Yeah, I've already gotten a pretty good start. I was simply wondering if there was a cash cow where a player would/could hit the mother lode. I'm not looking for a short-cut just a tip because the first real store where you can purchase decent weapons/goods was in Kuldahar and the prices! Jeez, they seemed high. Anyway, thanks for the input. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.