1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chapter 6

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Virik, May 28, 2001.

1. Virik Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I need some help at chapter six...
    (I am not looking for a walkthrough)

The room with all those greater mummy guys:
    Can someone give me a tip of how to kill the bastards ?

The room with all those crazy mushrooms:
    The monsters doesn't stop entering the room,
    Why ? How to stop them ? Any hints ?

And finally the elven wizard:
    My weapon doesn't have any effect on him...
    I don't get the "weapon ineffective" message,
    but the wizard doesn't take any damage...
    I've noticed his magic shield, can't I hit through it ??

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

There is a magical shield which protects from missile attacks and one protceting from magic. Don't know if there is one protecting from melee attacks, but just try bashing him in the head with all you got. Something must hit ;)

3. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For the Mummies you need +3-weapons if I'm not mistaken.

When dealing with those mushrooms your top priority must be to take out the Spore Colonies, since they keep respawning other Giant Mushrooms as long as they're alive.

I can't recall the wizard, but I'd suggest you try a Dispel Magic with the strongest Mage or Cleric you have before engaging him.

4. Virik Gems: 4/31

Well I figured it out myself :)

This is how I killed the wizard:
    My ranger/cleric shot him with a missle
    weapon, my bard used his bow, and my fighter/cleric used a sword with fire damage.

The mushrooms was actually very easy, if I just killed them first...

And with the mummys I used my bards horn, to raise some monsters... That way I wasn't hit :D

[This message has been edited by Virik (edited May 28, 2001).]

5. Virik Gems: 4/31

One more thing...

Back in easthaven, in the ice tower, how do I kill the shop owner ??

6. Igor Gems: 4/31

Well first of all I'd cast some protection from electricity on my characters and then just go ahead and hack at his illusions. After some time all of them will be gone leaving only the real guy for you to hack at. I think magic won't work here coz of his magic resistance. Hope this helps.

7. Virik Gems: 4/31

I'll try that out...

But I've been hacking on them for a long long time, and they take damage, teleports themselves, and is then uninjured...

8. Virik Gems: 4/31

Well it worked :)

And I finally completed the game...

When I killed him the movie started by it
    self, and I didn't get any items or exp from
    the monster. That's low!

What happens if I install HOW?
    Do the game continue after I've killed the
    priest? Do I get any items from him in HOW?

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Nope you don't get anything. When you install HOW you get to open that door in Kuldahar you couldn't open before. This leads you to a completely new area, in no way connected with the previous area.
    Spoiler
    Once there you can only go back by asking Hrothgar (once you find him), or by killing the Dragon (the big "boss" for HOW)

PS. Watch out for double posts...

[This message has been edited by Cerryl (edited May 29, 2001).]

10. Virik Gems: 4/31

Well, finally got HOW....

Didn't read your spoiler, but a created a new game!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.