1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

man, will this make you guys happy!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by The Fat Egg, Aug 30, 2000.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] I've tried my hand out on a patch, a wonderful patch. A patch that will solve a problem plaguing us all! I've made a patch copatible with IWD amd BG that allows you to..... oh, I'm so excited, it allows you to wear multiple magical items, for instance it allows you to wear a ring of protection +1 and a cloak of protection +1, but it works with any item (not just those two). It will be available on my site the minute it is up, which will be soon. If there are those of you who didn't want to visit my site earlier, this sure will! So what do you think? Also, Taluntain, would you consider posting it on this site? :D

2. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Nice idea, but does it work with magic armor as well? Can you wear a ring of protection and a magic platemail?

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

[​IMG] Of course! :D

4. Wingfoot Guest

yeah Egg, very sweet.

how about wearing a Ring of Proctection with Ankheg armor. now if that is possible, i'll finaaly shut up about not being able to wear those two together.

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Yes it is, Wingfoot. The only flaw is that it is approximately 17 mb, so for some of you guys it may be a long download. I'm currently working on a patch that eliminates the class\race\allignment restrictions, for instance, this will allow an evil thief to use Drizzt's Defender Scimitar, or a dwarf to be a mage, etc. This is however rather painstaking, and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it without honing some better, more advanced coding skills. But I promise I'll try. Third, I'm planning to start on making some custom spells and weapons, which is much easier than making patches. I have some ideas already, but only about 20, I could use more, anyone like to help? Also, be aware that for any help I'll give you partial-full credit, depending on how much you helped.

6. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When you say custom spells, do you mean slight variations on existing spells or brand spankin' new spells? I've had some new spells in mind but I don't know how feasible they'd be for computer rpg'ing. Variations might be easier but personally I think brand new ones would kick.

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

I mean completely new! Nothing stolen from other games, completely original, and its quite feasble with the right programming skills.

8. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Cool.

I'm not sure what you've already got or how much detailed info you need but I'm a personal fan of cold spells so how 'bout this. Let's call it Frostbite. Delivering cold damage but aimed at the fingers making weapon wielding almost impossible giving minuses to hit every round plus some minor cold damage. Would be handy to have against a horde of Fire Giants. I was also thinking it would work wonders for screwing up other mages. If there hands are frostbitten, how are they gonna cast spells? ;)

[This message has been edited by Mithrilhammer (edited August 30, 2000).]

9. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes, I know what spell I am missing. The Teleport or Lloyd's Beacon from MM series.

And I also want my F/M/C to be a Gnome - and I want it BAD.

Btw, Eggman, what is the URL to your site - I think I missed it.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    17 megs?? Ouch. That's the biggest patch I've ever heard of... and for such a relatively easy procedure.
    Did you pack all the source from the games you need as well in there? I can't imagine what else you could do to make it that big.
    Once you're done I can link to it on your site from my BG and IWD sections.

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Yep, all the pics, info, etc. Yeah I know its huge, sorry but it had to be done.

12. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

My site isn't up yet. Though its close.

13. Wingfoot Guest

17 megs is pretty big, but i am not worried EGG. it took me an hour and a half to download IE 5.5, @ home,( and not even 15 minutes @ work), so if i can wait for that, i can wait for anything. hmmmmmm, i wonder if i should download it @ work and throw it on a blank disc. would that anger you EGG?

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited August 31, 2000).]

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Nope, as long as you use it and visit my website.

15. Wingfoot Guest

i will use it, and as i stated before, i will no doubt be visiting your web site, i just hope i am one of the 1st 300 persons to visit.

16. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Hey Wingfoot, I've already reserved a spot for you and the rest of you guys. When my site is up I'll tell you how to get in.

17. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Heres an idea:
    to make it smaller, simply zip it, since zipping a file compresses it. i remember i had a 2,927 kb file, so it took awile to email, but when i zipped it, it was only 48kb

18. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

It is zipped.

19. dmartin797 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What is the address of your web site?

20. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Soory, not up yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.