1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ignus

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Nightal, May 14, 2001.

1. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

To have him join your party, you have to engliguis :confused: the fire beneath him, what do I need there for and where can I find that?

BTW, he's Chaotic Evil, right?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

First find the Endless Water Decanter in Sigil Underground. Then read this: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000010.html

Ignus is chaotic neutral. At least while he is in your party.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 14, 2001).]

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Is Ignus powerful/helpful enough to worth having in the party? From the post in the link above, it sounds like he betrays the party. Is the trade-off worth it?

4. herf Guest

hes a mage just like any tohers, i dont really like him because by the time you get him you dont want to be spenidn money or time buying mage scrolls, and you already have dak'kon (and maybe nameless one) as mages so its pretty useless keeping him in your party after he teaches you his fire spells.

his fire spells-
    ok, ignus can teach you some unike fire spells, in return for a piece of your body (or rather he uses them to teah you the spell), he uses your eyeball and your intestines, those are the only body parts you need to keep. when ignus teaches you the spells there is a loss in hit points but nothing major and most of the time you will level up while learning the spells which will counter the loss in hit points.
    did anyone actually find infernal shield useful? i mean lets fac it, there are very few mages in the game to fight and how many of them have used fire spells on you? the only time to use it is when your fighting ignus himself and that fight is simple so it seems useless to me.

5. NamelessOne Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'd still take Ignus on simply because
    (a) his unique spells create a bit more variety- lets face it PS:T is a bit low on spells (b) By chatting with him you learn more about yourself so you get a fair amount of xp points. (c) He's a pretty funny, although tragically insane guy (d) after all that effort in finding the decanter do u really just want to ignore him. Of course the most sensible option is to take him on and then milk him of all the xp points and spells before dropping him again. Having said that if your not a mage and your having to use Daakon primarily as a fighter he could be worth taking on short term until Daakon has bolstered his spell slinging ability. Don't ya just love homicidal flaming floating wizards?

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Infernal shield? It IS good against him WHEN he betrays you at the end and you are alone against him.
    Also, it IS good to learn all four spells to get some fire immunity (against him, but also against Conflagration).
    So, when you finally release him, learn what you can then kick him outta party. So he won't improve much and be dangerous when betrays you.

Anyway, if you play as evil character, Ignus won't betray you at the end. In that case, lead him everywhere and he'll get original high level four spells (powerful really - but only him can cast 'em), so...

And of course, my last opinion on the guy. The bastard is very unstable and you can't predict what will be his reaction. Will he stay on your side or escape to enemy's? I hate people who act like that, I hate betrayars, I hate Ignus. :mad:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 15, 2001).]

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ignus has a nice attitude. And when fighting againt Vhailor, the demo looks a lot cooler :) (Vhailor's Arrival compared to Ignus's Arrival)

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Vhailor is even worse than Ignus.

The bastard would kill even a kid. No mercy he says, and the kid probably just stepped on someone's foot but not on purpose. My dear Vhailor, you'll never remain alive to the end in my game with that motto. :mad:

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

I really liked Vhailor. Finally a paladin-like npc who had real attitude ;)

Too bad you can't join mercykillers yourself.

p.s. What's wrong with killing children? They are irritating and they make a nice sound when they die :cool:

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And so spoke Neb....

btw. I have a strange theory about Ignus. He went mad and burned the alley of dangerous angles, because of his pyromania, right. The most prominent building there's a temple of Aoskar - does The Lady have a hand in his pyromania?

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

The Lady?
    No.

But one of Nameless One's incarnations is guilty more than Ignus for the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 16, 2001).]

12. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] The funniest part was later when the wizards confronted him and asked if he wants to burn and Ignus said yes, they opened a portal to the Elemental Plane of Fire through his body. So when Ignus said he wishes to BURN, he got his wish!

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I forgot to say this up there - Vhailor is not paladin-like! :mad: :mad:
    Question for unbelievers: what alignment does paladin have to get?

Rak, another funny part about it that Ignus felt that moment something like countinuous masturbating state...

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 17, 2001).]

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Oh but he *is* very paladin-like. He's on this holy crusade to kill everyone evil and corrupted... Which in his eyes is everyone. And laws should be followed. See, he is actually almost a paladin :)

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, he is not after evil and corrupted ones. He is after mistake makers. A good person can make not very important mistake and he'll punish him with his axe.
    Paladin? My ass :mad:

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

But he'll go for the evil types first... Like Trancendent one before Nameless one. You just need to know him well ;)

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

*sigh*
    That time you merged the practical incarnation.

And above all, Transcendent One is neutral creature.
    Neutral is also Trias.

No logic? Then how is it possible that Vhailor is lawful neutral - not lawful evil.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Extremist, what about the strange dreams Ignus had before you made him put his hands in the fire?

19. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Remember that both Transcendent one and Trias act in a very evil way... Especially Trias, he's even prepared to attack heaven (or whatever it is in planescape)! And even though Transcendent simply wants to be left alone, he kills everyone and creates a lot of suffering. Neutral yes, but it can be interpreted as evil.

(Hey, your last post wasn't overflowing with :mad: smilies, way to go! ;))

20. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As Trias says: "If you really believe in something, you must be prepared to betray it!"

Trias attacks Mount Celestia to make the gods of good prepared for the blood war!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.