1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoyo dawg, I'm go' get ma homies together, and i'm go' come round to yo' turf...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hooligan_inc, Apr 17, 2001.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] ...and kill you mutha****** coz U a no good bitch, man i got me some AKs and a bunc o' weed and I'm go' kill U and all yo' homies coz they aint ma homies mo******....

RAPPERS ARE FULL OF SHIT!!!

2. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] You want to tell us something?

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yo yo H-dog! Look, you an' your ho just gunno slide your roody poo candy asses righ' back to where they come from. Yo he-ya?

Agreed.

Personnally, I think that rap is the lowest form of musical talent. I don't even think it qualifies as talent. The "music" is nothing more than repeated notes on a synthesizer, and the "lyrics" don't even have to rhyme or make sense. I can get the same mental thrill from skipping a Barry Manilow record.

But that's just me. If you want a "real" musical treat, you're going to have to go back to the 60's. Man, those guys could pick a good guitar piece. And I mean acoustic guitars.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Killing? Where? Count me in!

5. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

:D Hee Hee!

Oh, erm, I mean:

:mad: Yeah! Blood!

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sapiryl, while I make no comment on the first part of your statement I totally agree with the last bit.

I love the acoustic folk stuff from the 60s. Actually most lighter stuff from that decade is great!

7. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yep. Led Zeppelin & Doors. The two best bands in history.

8. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just forgot. When I see a graffiti saying something like "I love RAP" I always want to put a little "c" in front of that RAP :D

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You obviously haven't listened to the Vanilla Ice box set, maybe then you would change your tune about rap. :rolleyes:

10. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Shit man, all y'all niggaz got the game fucked up. I be tellin' you.

Seriously, in defence of hip hop, there are many good "rappers" out there. The Roots are an actual live band, Common, Mos Def, Talib Qweli, A Tribe Called Quest, KRS-One, Brand Nubian, De La Soul, Gang Starr, Jeru The Damaja, Dead Prez, Pharoah Monche, Dilated Peeples, The Pharcyde, Jurassic 5, are all excellent MC's with witty, conscious, progressive lyrics. Instruments, soul, raw drum beats and jazz play a large part in the making of their MUSIC. Try skillfully scratching a lyric on a turntable, or even beat juggling. There is a LOT of talent within the hip hop community, especially the underground. I'll not stand by and "listen" to the mindless rants of the ignorant. If you don't want to listen to it, fine. I can't tolerate the Black Sabbath and Offspring that I'm sure you jam to. All I'm really saying is that gangsta rap and the pimp/playa/crack dealin' shit is a poor representation of hip hop, and if that's all you know of it, I'd suggest you do some of your own homework before criticizing something you don't understand, instead of relying on a news report to form your opinion for you.

And I'm out, bitch...

Heh heh heh

11. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I don't mean to offend anyone here but who can really consider rap music? Music means a solid melody and actual lyrics to go with it.
    PLease, my poor ears bleed when I dare to listen to a rap *song* for more than a minute...
    'Deep Purple' Yes!
    'Rainbow' Sure!
    'Led Zeppelin' I'm in!
    'DreamTheater' , 'Dio', 'Iron Maiden' (not always...) People, open your ears! Listen to this poor bard's advice...

12. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My biggest problem with rap music is the messages it sends to people and the language that the use to convey those messages.

I wouldn't say that there aren't some talented people out there in the rap world.

13. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Hey - don't accuse me of not doing ma homework, nigga, coz man I tell U what ah just bought mutha****in Snoop Doooooooggg's album main, and that sh** is WHACK mo'***er.

I never sed I disliked rap. I am a huge hip hop fan. Where in the post did I say i dislike rap?

I just wanna see some more original lyrics than the amazing piece of music I wrote at the top.

Now can you dig THAT sucka? :D

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Stargazer - Did you have to include Dio? Why not add Winger and White Lion???

Seriously though, count me on in this chapter of RASER (Rpg'ers Against Stupid, Extreme, Rap)

If I have to see Emimem grab his crotch one more time, I'll see if I can tweak my vorpal sword to target that body part!!!

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I would have to defend Rap though. it's not something that I like, but it IS music.

here's what I like then.
    Scorpions
    Deep Purple
    Led Zeppelin
    Guns and Roses
    Metallica (old albums)
    Thin Lizzy
    Steve Vai (love guitars!)

By the way, good luck on the Vorpal Sword. Looks like you'll be the next legendary genital mutilator.

16. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Aww shit, nigga done called me a muhfuckin' sucka.

On the real though, son... I'm glad you've done your homework, I've argued this so many times I MAY have assumed, heh heh. If you really are interested in good hip hop, check out any of the MC's and/or crews/groups I listed above, assuming you haven't already. It'll be worth your while.

I hate Master P, Juvenile, and all that No Limit/Cash Money shit. Three 6 Mafia :mad: Puff Daddy :mad: Nelly :mad: I could go on and on.

Nas was good before he "became" Escobar. Jay-z used to be good too. Then turned into "My money" and my "Crystal & Moet" all wrapped up in an Armani suit. I've been in this shit since Eazy-E eazily approached the microphone.

Damn, was fourth grade really that long ago?

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Shura;

The only reason I can guess that you'd be sympathetic to RAP music is that there has NEVER been a lawful good rapper.

That's gotta warm your heart. ;)

Seriously though, maybe I'm just old, but some of the older hip-hop wasn't too bad. I can get into House of Pain or the Beasty Boys. They've also re-released the version of Walk this Way with RUN DMC & Aerosmith. You gotta love that! Great video.

(Rambling)

On the video topic, has there been an original rap video in the last decade. Why not sing a bunch of BS and do close-ups of girls T&A's. Put a few flashes of the singer in a Bentely, decked out in some "bling-bling", and you've got an MTV hit!

Pop culture sucks.

18. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mathetais - What's wrong with Dio? OK I must say that some of his albums are not quite what one would expect of the man but how about Holy Diver or Magica? And he still has a damn good voice for his age.
    Ooops...a bit off topic here I guess...
    Btw, love the RASER idea! :D

Shura - Love guitars too!!!

19. Speaking of music videos, has anyone seen the obe for "Sleep Now in the Fire" by Rage Against the Machine? It shows the band playing in front of the New York Stock Exchange, and forcing it to close down for the day. This actually happened. I reckon it has to be one of the greatest videos for the possibly the greatest band of all time.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE, ZACH!?!?! :(

20. Wingfoot Guest

Folk music is for hippies! amyway the only bands worth listening to from the 60's are the Dead when they played blues or the Butterfield Blues Band.
    you can find plenty of good gutiar work these days you just have to look. lets start Melvin Taylor and the Slack Band, then work are way over to Leftover Salmon, just to name a few. sorry you wont hear these bands on the radio so dont even bother trying to find em out there.
    as for rap, well how about Public Enemy or Cypress Hill. now thats real rap.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.