1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You've chosen an odd time...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dragon's Jewel, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You know those times where one of your NPC's chooses to say something outrageously inappropriate? That's what I'm looking for, just 'an odd time to bring that up!'
    For instance:
    I was going through the planar sphere quest, and had just finished foraging for demon hearts (for some extra irony, I had decided to kill all the demons instead of just the one I needed.) We walked back into the sphere just in time for Anomen to pip up about his time fighting with the hillknasher giants. "These pathetic skirmishes of ours..." Pardon me? You're *more* than welcome to go and kill some of those large red demons all by yourself, if that's what you want...

2. Tony Tulipstomp Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sometimes I wish there were a toggle to turn those banters off!

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Well its entertaining :)

I was in a romance with Viconia and was in Adalons Lair when suddenly she freaked out and started babbling and then the Handmaiden of Lloth showed up and attacked...

I guess it was a good thing it didn't happen right in the middle of Usht Natha :)

4. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Nalia saying "How come we are trudging around here, when we could be out there helping the helpless?" while cleaning her keep gave me quite a chuckle atleast.

Yes, yes. I'm paraphrasing, I know it's hardly accurate, but you know what I mean. ;)

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Hey I had no idea love talks could occur in the Underdark.

My friend was killing Firkraag in the most cheesy way possible, by firing Cloudkills away from the screen, as his party stood there, unseen by the dragon. Aerie love talked, and after her usual whining, her sugar sweet music continued, as the dragon died. A most sweet death! :shake: That was hillarious at that time!

6. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] LOL... :lol:

Go on, my dear Arie.
    What? The big red dragon? Oh don’t mind him that is a perfectly sound time to discuss or relationship. How about some music? :grin:

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not in most of it, but there are a couple of locations where they are possible, Adalon's lair being one of them.

8. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The mod ones are the ones that pop up at really wierd times for me.

My most Recent was one of Chloe's asking about the main PC's father while Torgal was dieing to a cloud kill spell.

9. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

10. Ironhawk Skylord

Thats hilarious CamDawg! :D

Silverstar and Decados: AFAIK its because Adalons lair is considered an outdoor area so if you rest in it, then it can happen. I believe Dan Simpsons walkthrough mention it.

But I couldn't help fantasize about if it happened in the middle of Usht Natha. Good luck with explaining that!

Oh that Handmaiden of Lloth? Well... I forgot to return those DVDs from Lloths DVD club? Boy, they really take that serious....

11. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That reminds me of the time that I was going through the Edwin romance, where love talks could pop up at the oddest time. I had two problems with that:
    The first was when we were clearing the shadow lord out of the abandoned temple. When you enter the Shadow Dragon's lair, certain love talks will fire. So there we are, trying to sneak past a hulking black dragon, and Edwin suddenly wants to compare me to a 'human equivalent of a cold'. Thanks man, why don't you say that a little louder?

The second was the same romance, when we were investigating the Unseeing Eye cult. We were returning the rod to the underground people (I can't remember what they were called) and when we entered the temple, Degardan chose that moment to show up. He skirts *around* the avatar of a dying god in order to ask if any of us had seen Edwin.

12. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

LOL. Friend of mine had Edwin cast his ritual that turns him female while in the temple of Aumanator during the Unseeing Eye quest. While he was having to fight the Avatar thing with the heal spells.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    You got it. As Love-talks won't occur in Dungeon-marked areas, only outdoor areas in the Underdark will be acceptable. I recall the Ust-Natha Tavern being ok too.

14. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I love Aerie and Firkraag. It never seems to fail, just as I descend into the dragon's lair, Aerie has to chime in with something. It seems to be different every time, but they're all pretty good.

My favorite, however, is when I got the Aerie-vs-Jaheira LT IN THE MIDDLE of the Firkraag fight. I'm pretty sure it was a bug, as you generally don't get LTs in combat, but I can just see those two going at it while fireballs rain down around us and my character going, "Ladies, ladies, now may not be the best time for this."

Its also great when Nalia complains about 'not helping the less fortunate' right after I killed Firkraag and rescued Garren's child.

Why are all my funny moments centered around a massive red dragon?

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've gotten a lovetalk in one of those combats that occur when you're walking between places in Athkatla. The enemy happened to get out of our line of sight so the girls decided to start talking.

16. Ironhawk Skylord

Thats funny Blog. I have also experienced lovetalk in those between-area combats. :D

Jaheira started once a lovetalk in the middle of combat with Dermin... Interesting timing honey, lets talk love while I kill your former colleagues.

NOG: And Nalia is a really good example of saying the wrong sentence at the wrong time.

"how are we helping the less fortunate"... Excuse me? I´ve just saved your keep and put up with your aunt? And why do you say that when I give money to a beggar? Not mentioning I've just donated a lot of money to a temple? hm....

Decados: I wasn't aware of Usht Natha tavern beeing marked as an outdoor area. Cool, another checkmark on my list. :)

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @ Ironhawk: I'm not sure it is, I just remember getting a LT while I was there once. I accept no responsibility if it isn't!

;)

18. Ironhawk Skylord

@ Decados: Aawww, but I wanted to quote you ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.