1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your worst punishment?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What is the worst punishment you've ever received and why?

For myself, it was tossing dirt bombs and rocks from the backyard of a house onto the traffic the backyard faced. Four of us were tallying up points on who could hit the most cars as they drove past.

Anyhow, one car stopped and the guy went after us and I was found behind some bushes. I was only 8 or 9 and was terrified! I wouldn't tell the guy where my house was. Then one of the guys who was throwing with me, ratted on me. I was punished for a month and my dad offered to have the dents in the guys car fixed.

Younger still I remember I was into spitballs through a straw. Littered the house with them but I must admit, I had pretty good aim! I may have gotten the wooden spoon.

Another time my parents friends bought me a real ninja star. Thing was awesome! I'd throw it against wood and our tree in the backyard and the damn thing would stick right in. That is, until I learned my bedroom was made with drywall. On my birthday my mother was washing the walls in the house and came across all these little puncture holes in my room. I never saw that ninja star again. That was when I was 10 or 11. 2 weeks of punishment there and my coleco vision was put away, not to mention it was in the middle of summer! ;(

How about you?

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited January 04, 2001).]

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i flicked off a cop after being drunk and speeding in my car, got put in jail for 2 weeks! and was fined 1000 $! DAMN IT!

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My mother has stolen my internet wire now, because she didn't like the numbers coming from the telephone company. That sucks, but it's not very hard punishment. Have never got that, I guess. Except from lots of lots of painting after some writing on a couple of walls. That hobby got a fast end ;)

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited January 08, 2001).]

4. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Syl, I think you and I may have had similar childhoods.

I remember when I was five yrs old, our house was right in front of a busy street. I thought it would be fun to throw rocks at the passing cars. My mom couldn't figure out why so many people were honking as they drove by. I think my ass was a bit sore after that one.

When I was about 8 my parents were building our new house, and the drywall had just been completed. All of our furniture was stacked in the middle of rooms so that the walls could be painted. My brother and I found a bunch of drywall dust in a garbage can and realized that if you put this dust into a paper airplane, the plane looked as if it had a smoke trail when it was thrown. We played WWII for a couple of hours. Dust everywhere! I got a spanking, and a couple weeks of hard labour for that one.

I've never been to jail tho'.

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Moeken - ROTF!!! :D I can see it!

I got blasted when I was about 10 for engaging in bottle rocket guerilla wars in the sand pit behind my house. There were about 11 of us in 3 teams hunting each other through the reeds down by the brook. No one ever scored a direct hit on an enemy, but for some reason our parents didn't think it was such a good idea. Several of us got grounded for most of July. Worst group grounding in the history of my neighborhood!

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] My worst would be when I was about 10 or 11. My friends and I were building a 2 level tree fort in the woods. We were getting all of our building materials from my dad's toolshed and a housing development that was being built next to my development.

We started small, just taking the scraps that were piled up, which I guess they didn't mind...They got pretty made when we took about a dozen planking boards for the floor and walls. The foreman took each of us home and told our parents what we did.

My dad grounded me for 2 weeks, and I had to go to the construction site and help the workers clean up at the end of the day. No beatings...But still pretty rough!

The tree fort looked pretty good though, although we never could quite get the 2nd floor right!

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How about almost getting expelled from school for not singing the National Anthem?
    Singapore's populated by self righteous dweebs, perfect Radiant Heart recruiting ground. Some stupid little girl noticed me not singing the anthem and ratted to the authorities. The ministry of education has a rule that any student showing signs of treason would be expulsed immediately. Luckily a senior teacher at my school intercepted the complaint posted by the Discipline master and threw it away. Lucky me.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Treason is pretty harsh for not singing the National Anthem! We had to say the Pledge of Allegiance in school growing up, which, now that I think about it...is a little weird.

But if we didn't say it, no one tried to indict us for treason. You're in Singapore, right?

9. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Man, what didn't my friends and I not do when we were kids? One of the funniest things we did was take a whole load of fireworks, empty all the gunpowder out of each of them throwing all of it in a cooler with a few whole fireworks with long wicks. I can honestly say I have never seen a cooler melt like that before! The reason It was a dumb idea though was because it was summer and my friends front yard was dry (the grass) so along with a loud explosion that literally rocked the nieghborhood, we caught the front yard on fire.

Well, we managed to contain the fire within a few minutes with the hose, but not before the nieghbors noticed! We knew we were in trouble so we broke into his house (my friends dad was not home and locked him out) and just waited. Eventually the police came and spoke to my friends Dad when he got home. Needless to say he was in TROUBLE. Don't know what really happened to him punishment wise, though and fortunately his dad never called my parentes.

My punishment was A 3-finger burn on my hand from standing too close to testing out some of the gunpowder. Oh, and a new haircut since it caught my hair on fire too (a little but not much). In the end I went home and told my parents my hand was burnt on a hot stove. So I was lucky. But I did learn my lesson, especially since it took a a few weeks for my hand to heal.

[This message has been edited by EternalPaladin (edited January 09, 2001).]

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

Yeah, I'm in Singapore. Crap.

11. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

ROFL! Now I understand why Shura dislikes Paladins!

Now I truly symphatise with you, Shura. I too have come across those kinds of people, heh heh.

But Singapore can't be that bad right? Is everybody like that? I hear that Singaporeans can be quite condescending to others, and that they're foreigner worshippers.

12. Nightal Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] I'm quite frequently expelled from school, ussually 2 days sometimes a week, what can I do? The alignment test has proven me Chaotic Neutral. thats the reason,only if the princeple could understand! LOL

13. Shura Gems: 25/31

Yeah, you guys come over as tourists and you're treated like Gods. Once you're a citizen, you're expected to be a dedicated slave to the government and society. And as for all that 'humane charity' and 'moral values' crap Singapore is famous for in Asia, it's rubbish. The frigs here do all that charity work because it's MANDATORY to do at least 6 hours of community service as a student or you'll be excluded from the educational system. They uphold those values because it's profitable for them to do so. And they force them upon others so they would not have to feel as if they've lived a lie. No true goodness here, only hypocrisy. Maybe I'm one of them but I consider myself to be someone who treats others as fairly as possible.
    Of course, not all of them are like that. (look at me)*sacarsm*. But those who are are in positions of authority and the main rule here is: conform or die. Asian values my ass. In the school auditoriums where no foreigners are present, the students are shown degrading films of other countries compiled by the government. Our neighbours, Malaysia and Indonesia are mocked and many an essay topic has been: "Criticise the negative impact American Culture is having on the youths of Singapore today." Condescending to foreigners, yes, but not behind your back. Bigotry and discrimination reign here and democracy is non-existent for the Republic of Singapore. Of course, the fact that the opposition parties are truly a bunch of inept and comical losers may have played a part in that. The chinese, being the dominant race have no qualms about keeping the other races under their boot. Racism is rampant and inter-racial friendships, let alone marriages are frowned upon. It seems like Singapore is populated by paladins. And to Sorl, if you read this, I got very upset by your post because I met a priest here whom when confronted about the inquisition by me, said almost exactly the same thing you typed. Too bad I didn't punch that bastard, though that would have gotten me a life sentence or more. And yes, if my government traces this post to me, I will be considered a national traitor and sentenced to death. Wish I could take a katana and clean up this shit-hole that I live in.

14. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Dude, I totally agree with what your saying. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Shura, I think alienation IS a huge problem as well. It's like everyone is influenced under some sort of a cult whether it be an organized religeon, the judicial system, or the government. It's not fair how we are put into all of this. Our parents brought us into this life without our say in the matter. Then we are subjected to live under whatever laws or regulations that we are born into. It's not like we have a say in anything until we grow up. By that time, we can do anything about leaving, we seem doomed to be trapped in this society because it is convienent now that we are used to it by now - the fear of starting all over as a newborn.. a new environment, finding new friends, getting a new job, having to start a new way of life.

Personally, I think anyone should somehow be able to grow up in a world of their own where they follow their own rules and beliefs without being alienated. Live under the a country that you have faith in.

Even immigration into another country is more difficult these days. In the past, when my fore fathers came to this country, they took our names away and gave us shit jobs. I feel like it isn't any different these days. Today, you must marry an American and get a green card just to work. I thought America was all about freedom and justice for ALL. Hell, if you can read, write, and understand the language of the country, you should be able to live and work there if you damn well please.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31

Chin, up, fella. I take it that you're a native American? The American ideal is nice but it isn't true no matter how much we wish it might be. Although it may seem cruel, that which comes can only be accepted and if you don't like it, grit your teeth and move on. And the social trap is quite existent too. Alas, the only way to escape is to leave and live the life of a wandering swordsman or something. Not very valid though.

16. hooligan_inc Guest

If he was native American, where did his forefathers go? Vandalore, are you Italian?

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Yes, why can't people keep their names when they go into America? At least the British are more civilised. :D

Singapore might be dog-shit but it's no worse than it's neighbours, believe me.

I want to live in Canada! :D

18. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Shura, unfortunately I'm not a pure Native American. However, I do have some Native American in me, however it is so little due to generations that have past on before me. Most of my ancestors on my mom's side come from Sweden and my dad's heritage leads to back to mostly British and English. Although, I will always have a bit of German in my blood. I can't explain, it's sort of an inside thing between my blood brother (not by family but by friend) and I.

I agree Rakanishu. I fear getting drafted is just a matter of time. Living in Canada would be great. They spawn wonderful musicians and excellent chicks. Oh yeah and you have a bit more choices and freedom, that is if you don't piss on a tree or kill a wild animal. As soon as the true WWIII comes, I will be ready in a dark alley with my pistol. Right now, I don't believe in fighting for any country, only for my those who I care about most. Without my father and trustworthy friends, my life would be meaningless.

Is there anybody who would you die for?

Do you think the involuntary act of sacrificing your life for a friend is a weakness?

[This message has been edited by Vandalore (edited January 13, 2001).]

19. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Vandalore, you said that your forefathers 'came into this country', which I don't get, coz I presume they would be native american too???

20. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

No, they came over to America. One of them married a Native American Indian really early on. Which makes me like at most 1/16th Am. Indian. Almost bearly worth mentioning..other than for ancestrial purposes I suppose. Bah, I've fallen away from my family connections so much in the past. I'm just now in the healing process with my mom. I'm trying but it always seems she or I say or do something that messes it all up again. Blah, I'm going to go see the Ninth Gate or whatever that devil book collector movie is called.

Well, hey, I have an odd feeling this post is about dead. Hey Shura, do you have AOL IM, Yahoo Messenger, or ICQ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.