1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your true love

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jesper898, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Which of the NPCs have captured your heart?
    The innocent Imoen, Experienced Jaheira, beautiful and deadly Viconia, wonderful Tashia, lovable Aerie, always helpful Nalia, the womanizer Kelsey or sexy......err or Anomen?
    you can only choose one :)
    Mine would be Imoen, she didnt just stick with me from the beginning of my journey but she also helps keep the mood up in our party even when we are lost in the underdark :)

[ January 07, 2003, 14:40: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Kelsey. He rules and is mucho nicer and better than Annoyman. Hehe. And he's not a womanizer, BTW. ;)

Eze

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Imoen, for the same reason as yours! Only one problem she's ye sister in BG so... incest isn't something to do...

4. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Viconia is the all time greatest deva. Easily the best storyline of all the NPC's. Plus she's the best cleric in the game. Awesome spells, healing, and with a decent weapon(Mauler's Arm) she can kick butt. What's not to love in her? :love: :love: :love:

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Her native language. Don't get me wrong, I love the drow...I just don't like their language.

Anyways...I would have to pick Aerie. I love her voice, the way her portrait looks, and her innocense. :love: :rolling:

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My heart is definitely held by Jaheira.

To my heart and mind, by far the most beautiful woman I'll ever meet wandering across the face of Fauren. Despite her vocal adherence to Balance, and occassionally gruff manner, she does possess a rather caring and sensitive personality. The romance storyline is also wonderful.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nalia. Jaheira is my favourite romance option, but she was screwed. I mean her INT & WIS stats taken out of the blue.

My true love is going to be the NPC I'm getting down to after Jan 21st (university exams).

[ January 08, 2003, 01:09: Message edited by: chevalier des Trois-Tours ]

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Keihdra. I am rather (and annoyingly) pedantic so please forgive me, I can't resist. Viconia, being female, would be a "devi" which is Hindi for godess rather than a "deva" which is the masculine form. Sorry, I could not imagine you saying "deva" to her without her smashing you with a club...

I have found Jaheira to be the most "balanced" (sad pun) of the female romances and the most realistic. I am married so I just found her more believable than the other 2...

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

IMO they're all pretty unrealistic. Aerie with her obvious age (she mentions that she's probably older than Jaheira), looks and innocent charm would have lost her innocense a long time ago.

Jaheira with her strong and somewhat hot-tempered nature would not be so easily swayed I think. And would be just a LITTLE bit disturbed by her wisdom-given realization that her feelings for the PC are with a very great likelyness only an attempt for compensating the loss of Khalid.

Viconia might be realistic enough, in terms of having true nature and temper and acting accordingly. Problem with that however is that no-one with centuries of grudge and dissapointment is capable of changing nature just like that. Drizzt is impossible enough. No-one in their right minds would go for a woman like Viconia. You don't have to get to 1/50:th of her in real life, and with very great odds, you'll already turn away. Should she be realistic, she would be the uncaring ***** she plays in the beginning, all the way. A relationship with a woman like her would be the "evil" type they display in some movies, only she would be the dominant side. Don't get me wrong, I really like Viconia's romance and I really like her change for better in ToB as I always strive to make her neutral. But it's not realistic (as if that bothered me).

What with Anomen, he's so desperate that men 10 times tougher than he get rejected in our world because of the "manly" nature that is quite obviously lacking in him.

All that put aside, I think I'll go for Imoen. Her looks and voice are cute of course (and I do have the Immy romance pack installed), but I think the main reason for this is that I don't have a brother or a sister of my own (or let's say, it's a very rare and complicated matter). And I do very much like the idea of the PC and his/her sister living together from the beginning of their lives and from there on. Always in the end of ToB, I imagine that the PC grants immortality (or part-godhood) to Imoen as well. So there is no "love" in the meaning that the thread starter might have meant. But the strongest affection I do indeed feel for Imoen. And it always overrides any romances if put to conflict.

Sarevok is another btw. **SPOIL** Especially since I learned he can be turned to chaotic good. /**SPOIL** I've had him with me every time since one for this reason. 3 siblings adventuring together.

10. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Jaheira have truly captured my heart, she's the one with the most sad past, and are therefore looking for comfort which she finds in the PC. Also, her romance is the only one (to my knowledge) that actually experiences problems due to the feelings between her and the PC.

The continued story (after completing TOB and giving away your essence) is also quite captivating, true love always lasts.

Anomens romance doesn't really appeal to me, after all I'm a male, and getting emotionally involved with another male... Don't think so.

Aeries romance is cute and sweet, but it's not really that interesting, at least not for my part.

Viconias romance is great too, but since I allways choose the Lawfull Good option I have problems asociating with one that is Neutral Evil (I think she is that).

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I honestly don't know :hmm:

Perhaps one of the NPCs that I make may be - until then Anomen, I guess, he's alright. :o

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Not Jaheira, with her bossy attitude

neither is it Viconia, from day one with "Please help me, they´re trying to kill me, I haven´t done nothing wrong!" Made me really turn her over to the Flaming Fist

maybe Imoen, because of her weird morbid fasinations or Aerie with "innocent" look, got me all tuned when she said something like "Tonight I´m gonna show that I´m not that innocent" wow :love:

13. Dustcoyote Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Y'know, am i the only real Nalia fan here? I mean, she's really idealistic and helpful, which i think is kinda cute. and i find jaheira more like an irratating relative than a love interest... i guess viconia's allright, and i gotta say Imoen would be my second choice...

14. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Well, it used to be Imoen, until that whole sibling thing came out. Nerk.... :o I liked Nalia to begin with then used her to death a bit. I have to say Aerie has prevailed overall, methinks. Theres always Mazzy, though ... :love:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.