1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Pets

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Slith, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Well, I posted something of this nature a few months, or years, ago, but I didn't want to look for, or resurrect it, so here: What pets do you own, take care for, whatever you want to call it?

2. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have 2 cats. They're brothers and they are 2,5 years old...

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have two cats, one is about four, the other twelve.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have a cat. I used to have 4 cats, but one got hit by a car, one had to be put down, and the other is now living with a family my mom knows. :rolling:

5. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Oh yes, I forgot to say what animals *I* have... Well, I have two dogs, used to have nine cats, now have four.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

1 Dog, Bailey, girl
    2 Cats, Skits and Scats (they look exactly alike), boys, brothers.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    We had three cats up until we moved. They had a marking problem for years, and we weren't about to have them peeing all over the new house.

:(

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    One dog, Zuzu, super effectionate, but not a canine rocket scientist. She's about 8 years old now and still acts like a puppy most of the time.

(I am deathly allergic to cats and therefore despise them.)

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I used to have a rat named Silk. He died less than a week after I got him. End of story.

Of course, I've always had pretty much free reign over my uncle's various dogs.

But a real pet? Nope, nothing like that in my life.

Wait! Does Chev count? He is, after all, my *****... or does Eze count? I do have her following me around on a leash occasionally.....

:p

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Cats, they are the best. What more, they alll come equiped with a pre learned trick. Go in the kitty litter. You can try for years and years to teach them anything more, but its used up. They go in the kitty litter, thats it. But they rule. Had a cat for 16 years. It was older than me. We put it down last year. Nero was his name. For those of use that have read Footrot Flats, Nero was horse incarnate.
    We've had about 3 dogs. A rotweiler named Isaac, deceased, an border collie X blue heeler named Fergus, deceased, and an ex piggin' dog, part ridgeback, part mastiff, part godknowswhat named Bear, Alive.

11. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have one cat, he's a little older than one year. His name is Matt. He's really cute ;)

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    One cat. Her name is Ghost and she's 13 years old. She likes to sleep under the covers on cold winter nights and she's had a hairless belly since she was about 3 years.

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Two cats. One deaf dog. Two fish (at last count). One broody rabbit. Two shy ginnypigs. One brother. One sister.

That's about it.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Cat, 18 (almost 19) years old.
    And my brothers have a cat which they bring home every weekend. They named him goose.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A cat named Goose?
    ...interesting.

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

We have a cat named Tarzan :D He's lazy...

17. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Freely translated, one of my cats is called Fluffy, because he is ... fluffy and the other is called Spot becasue he is all red, except for a white spot between the eyes (and white paws). Fluffy is also red.
    Cats are fun :roll:

edit: In dutch they are Pluis and Vlekkie

[ September 19, 2003, 20:05: Message edited by: Baldrak ]

18. Rotku

Oh names for our pets as well.
    My dog is called Orsa, which is really spelt Asa with the first A having a little o on top, which I can't write on my key board so I just spell it how it is pronounced. Anyway, that is a norwigen girls name which my parents liked, so they named our dog it.

Our oldest can is called Misty, because she is a greyish sort of colour. She is 13 now, same age as Orsa.

You younger cat is called Stroke, don't ask why, my sister named him. He's probably around 7 years old now.

Our oldest fish is called Jaguar because he, according to my sister, looked like a Jaguar when we got him. The younger fish is called Fish 11, because... well, it sounded good at the time. Oh, and we are getting another fish soon, from my grandparents, who acorrding to them is over 20 years old :rolleyes:

Our Rabbit is called Charlie, once again my sister is responsible for that name. I wanted to name him Rabbit :(
    He's about one year old.

And the two ginnypigs are called Tony and Nibbles, and they are a few months old.

So our pets (- the fish) are Orsa Stroke(s) Misty, and Charlie Nibbles Tony.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A cat and a few fish I'm patiently caring for until they die so I can finally get rid of the tank (which is way too big for them alone). The problem is, they're not showing any inclination of dying any time soon. Those 8 or so left have been going for 2 years now after all the others have died already. Survival of the fittest can sure mess up your plans. :square:

20. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I have an 8 year old golden retriever called Sandy, who is overweight and a complete muppet. We just got her a week ago (after spending six months in a cell because she came from Houston). She used to live with our uncle, but because he works away from home a lot she was very lonely and rarely got walks, so he gave her to us.

We also used to have a spaniel called Spike who was with me since I was born. He died 5 years ago and I miss him still.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.