1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your oldest PC game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] I was cleaning the attic today and found some games that I assumed lost for years. These weren't my oldest games but pretty damn old.

I found Indiana Jones: the fate of atlantis, Little big adventure and the first demo with heroes of might and magic on it. That was the reason why I bought the games some years ago.

But my oldest game still in possession must be civilization 1 but that's still on the shelf because I want to catch on to old times.

So what is your oldest, legal and still in possesion game?

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No idea what's really oldest, but here's a few:
    Little Big Adventure :D
    Warcraft 2
    FIFA 1994
    Might and Magic 4: Clouds of XEEN
    ...and that's about it.

3. Sarin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

StarTrek 25th Anniversary
    Pirates Gold
    Frontier - Elite II

Good old times :)

Edit: I forgot Realms of Arkania II, I loved that game...

[ November 29, 2003, 16:25: Message edited by: Sarin ]

4. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmmm, I know I have Civ I lying around somewhere. But the oldest game I've ever owned was a game for my old 80286 way back. It was a game called paratroopers and it was in CGA. (Only 4 colours!)

Hmmm, does anyone remember the old game called Cats? It was also in CGA and you played an alleycat, and had to jump into some windows to steal some fish and so on.

5. trillex Gems: 13/31

Aye, it was called Alleycat though. Got it on disk somewhere, pirated unfortunatenly.

The oldest game I have must be Civ 1. My favorite Civ.

6. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have the Roberta Williams Anthology, which replaced my ancient 5.25 copies of the King's Quest series. Somewhere in the garage is a version of the oldest published King's Quest I, complete with more bugs than ToEE. I still have my old boxes, too!

7. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It may not be THAT old, but it's one of my oldest games - Cyber Empires. Pizza Tycoon is also a good game.

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

My oldest game would be Blood and Magic. I really loved the campaign, but after finishing it, I eventually became bored by the game.

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Hey I had paratroopers, man was that fun, until those airplanes start dropping those bombs.

And I had alleycat too, I was like 10 or less that time and was calculating all my points on a calculater, aaaaah those were the days.

I suddenly remembered prince of persia the original one, that's really old too.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Absolute Oldest?

Starflight I & II (1981, they're the earliest I found. Strangely enough, the game is older than I am).
    Paratroopers
    Starfleet (Interstel game released in the mid 80s)
    I've got 2 golf games around here that came out before the time of CGA graphics
    Might & Magic 4 (Not really that old)
    X-COM UFO Defense
    X-COM Terror from the Deep
    Master of Orion (The first one)-Not really that old
    Warcraft: Orcs and Humans (1992-Probably the first RTS ever)

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Either Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles @1989, or Space Quest I, whichever came first.

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Marble madness...

Hey Rastor, WHY can't i have such games. :wail:

I've been searching for X-COM I&II and MOO1...
    Along with Paradroid 90, Pirates and so on...

13. fade Gems: 13/31

Not counting my old Atari games :-D

I think it was Rebel Assault. I remember playing that in middle school, and that is what got me started on comp games.

14. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Bomb At least i think it was called like that. It was perfect for many people to play. Sort of worms now, just that you had tanks there. Different sorts of ammo, wind,... It was really cool.

Another was Golden Axe
    A legend it is :D
    I recently got it again, and played through it like cheese, while back then in 1995 (iirc) i had a really tough time with it. But its still cool :)

15. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Monkey Island - still one of my all time favorites.

"look behind you, a three headed monkey!" - Guybrush Threepwood

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have a whole bunch of old games... a box full of 3.5 inch diskettes with like 5 games in each disk. That's how small and old each game was.

Some of the highlights are Lemmings, Moraff's World (first RPG I played I think), Dark Ages (actually on 5 inch disk). Cosmos and Commander Keen were cute games, I really wanted the sequels.

Like some others, I also have King Quest 1 and Ultima 0, Might and Magic 1 and such, but those came in collection sets that also include the 7 sequals or whatnot.

17. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31

Aye, Blog - three cheers for Moraff's World! Back in the olde days of shareware...I think Moraff was the only game I ever paid the money to upgrade to the full version.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I feel so young my oldest PC game must be the first diablo, not that olde but still it is old for me as it is the first PC game I have bought.
    Before that I was playing the SNES.

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The oldest PC game I still own is... Half-life, from 1999! :D

No big surprise here, since I got my first comp then.

20. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think that my oldest game is Alley cat (and the oldest game I've bought is the classic SimCity)

Btw, I got Eye of the Beholder 1 some time ago. But for some reason, I've played only first level through. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.