1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Occupation

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Asmodeus, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] As we all share at least one common interest (RPG´s that is) we gather around this odd little and cosy community. Behind the gaming there is a person involved with work and/or study.
    I was wondering what kind of professions, jobs, studies you all have or do...
    For my own part, I am a 30 year old historian. I studied late medieval history in Utrecht (Holland) and I now work as an Historian/archivist at the State Archives.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ok, I'll start. I live close to you Asmodeus.... I work in Arnhem in the helpdesk of the largest free internet provider (Het Net) and the largest paid internet provider (Planet), both from Planet Media Group. I am 10 years younger then you are :)

So, how's life in Limbabwe?

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am a sixteen-year old pre-International Baccalaureate froom Oulu, Finland... I study in the most prestigious Upper Secondary school in the country... I am going to go to college in the States and study History as well... or political Science. Can't decide. And, at the moment, I'm skipping lessons. Bad me! Bad!

Ara
    (Finals are only a week away, and I'm skippping? I'm an idiot...)

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I am a 21 year old student. I study to becoma a teacher in ,what is the english name for the subject? Its knowledge about the goverment, international politics, sociologi, nationaleconomy all that put to together is in swedish called samhällskunskap if I translate right over it become society knowledge wich I dont think is right. I am thinking of choosing history, philosophy or english as my second subject.
    BTW the pupils I am going to teach are 16-18 years old.

Edit: Arabwel wrote political science that may be what im studying methinks :). But I dont think that subject is alike in different countries.

[This message has been edited by joacqin (edited December 14, 2001).]

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, double post. My bad

Ara
    (Oops, and no! I will not have that song in my head, no.... nooo!)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited December 14, 2001).]

6. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm 19 and a student of information technology at the University in Trondheim, Norway.

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm nominally a student (in that I don't seem to do much actual studying) of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, with business studies (yuuch, but it was a choice of business or a language for the MEng) at the University of Strathclyde. I'm an eighteen year old fresher at the moment, and too lazy to get an actual job or anything at the moment.

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm 25 and a software engineer for a firm which specializes in protocol software.

9. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English Literature right now. Doing OK but it could be better if not for *glances at the games strewn about on the floor*.

Currently trying to cram a part-time job in my hectic life just so I can get enough money to buy a PS2.

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited December 14, 2001).]

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I just descended from heaven to shed happiness upon your gorgious an unique souls.

My undercover is studying genetics at university of Southern denmark. General lines of work are age and cancer.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited December 14, 2001).]

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] 20 year-old student studying Business Management at North Carolina State University.

OK that's a cover-up, here's what I really study: the Arts, painting, writing, and film. :p

12. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm a seventeen year-old science student, though I also study French, art (though not very much) and soon (after Christmas) also philosophy. I'm one of those guys who everyone ask for help... ;)
    I live in the grand city of Halmstad, on the south-west coast of Sweden.

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I am a 35 year old software engineer (currently using java) living in the northeastern United States. I work for the software company Kronos.

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I am a 30 year old Telecommunications salesman. I sell Internet T1's, T3, Gig-E IP ports, Web Hosting, DSL, Frame Relay, local phone service and long distance.

I am also a real-life cleric who is working on a new church plant in the city of Chicago.

15. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm a 14 year old student from Copenhagen, Denmark.

I think i'll study law, when that time comes...

16. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I am a 23 year old voluntary youth worker from the U.K. I just came through a biochemistry degree relatively unscathed, and to my current position via a guitar shop (Trade prices... no comment! ;) ).
    I am also a musician, setting up a new band, hopefully long term.

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Im a 26 year old, work for Otis Elevator. I do their payroll and dispatching. Yes i get you poor people dumb enough to get stuck in elevators out :grin:

The other half is a Network Administrator and is currently working for a highspeed internet company.

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited December 16, 2001).]

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm 22 years old and learning aesthetics and theory of literature in Hungary.

19. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, I'm 14, I'm in Greece *scowl*, I want to study Genetics, but right now I'm just avoiding being a student in my spare time ;)....

20. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I'm a 31 year old who works for a real estate development company in South Carolina.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.