1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Horoscope

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blog, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

In western horoscope (the signs of the zodiac), I'm an Aquarius.

In Chinese horoscope (year of the [insert animal]), I'm a dog.

Therefore I like to call myself doggie drool for fun. :lol:

How about you?

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm a cancerous rabbit. :D

3. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm a Virgo (ha!) and a rooster. Trust me, it explains a lot.

4. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

cancer,
    scorpio rising,
    rabbit(?) sounds right ;)

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm a crab, but I've no idea what my Asian counterpart is.

Probably a rabbit.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Capricorn and a rabbit who missed being a dragon by a few weeks.

7. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm a Taurus(Western) and a Pig(Chinese). And if you guys really knew me, you'd know that that's so me, man! I'm stubborn to a fault, but one of the nicest creatures you'll ever meet! Yay! Go me! :shake:

EDIT: OH YEAH!!! 3rd gem, baby! And it only took me 3 weeks! lmao :roll:

[ January 08, 2003, 06:11: Message edited by: DarkGoddess ]

8. Deepsea Anglerfish Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

tarus, cat..i mean tiger :D

9. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] i'm aquarius and dog as well. :)

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm Leo and a snake

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well I'm Leo but that's only because I was born in August. The rest of that Horoscope bullsh*t doesn't mean a thing to me, let alone the chinese horoscope.

12. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Where do I find out what animal I am? :S

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am a Sagittarius, and it fits me well... except for the whole sporty, outdoorsey thing. In the Chinese thing, I am... I am not sure is it a bull in Chinese? a wooden one, spesifically.

Ara
    (Back, and worse than before...)

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] In the Chinese calendar, I am a Rooster. Here's the background for it:

Year: 1909, 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029
    Greatest Affinity : Ox, Snake
    Greatest Enmity : Rabbit

Dramatic but a reputable person who works systematically Hardworking, resourceful, talented and confident. Vivacious and popular socially, but may have a tendency to brag insensitively. Outspoken and loves to attract attention. Always take good care of their family and can handle money well.

The Rooster, or Chicken as he is called, is the Don Quixote of the Chinese cycle. The dauntless hero who must look to the earth to survive, he is the most misunderstood and eccentric of all the signs. outwardly, he is the epitome of self-assurance and aggression, but at heart he could be conservative and old-fashioned.

The Rooster-born, especially the men, will be attractive, even dashingly handsome. The princely fowl is radiant and proud of his fine feathers and has an impressive carriage. You don't find any roosters slouching; they strut about with dignity. Even the shyest member of the Rooster family will cut a neat, trim figure and maintain a special bearing wherever he goes.

There are two distinct type of Roosters. The rapid-firing, extremely talkative ones and the deadly solemn observer types with the X-ray vision. both are equally hard to deal with. The Rooster has many outstanding qualities to crow about. He is sharp, neat, precise, organized, decisive, upright, alert, and most direct. He can also be critical to the point of brutality. Don't ever ask him his frank, candid opinion--you may never recover from his comments.

He loves to argue and debate, showing how knowledgeable and smart he is, some- times with little regard of the feelings of others. But when his feathers are ruffled in return, he is insufferable. He isn't cut out to be a diplomat. Situations regarding tact, delicacy and discretion will cramp his style. His way is to go about trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking with a missionary zeal. He shines when he is the center of attraction.

Tremendously imposing as a personality, he could well pursue any career that exposes him to the public eye.

In the Western zodiac, I am a Gemini. Here's a little (a lot, actually ;) ) about the Twins:

Gemini, the sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. On the one hand it produces the virtue of versatility, and on the other the vices of two-facedness and flightiness. The sign is linked with Mercury, the planet of childhood and youth, and its subjects tend to have the graces and faults of the young. When they are good, they are very attractive; when they are bad they are more the worse for being the charmers they are. Like children they are lively, and happy, if circumstances are right for them, or egocentric, imaginative and restless. They take up new activities enthusiastically but lack application, constantly needing new interests, flitting from project to project as apparently purposelessly as a butterfly dancing from flower to flower. To them life is a game which must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment, free of labor and routine. Changing horses in the middle of the stream is another small quirk in the Gemini personality which makes decision making, and sticking to a decision, particularly hard for them.

Since they lack the quality of conscientiousness, they are apt to fight a losing battle in any attempts they make to be moral (in the widest sense of the word). Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful towards the poor and suffering - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts. They quickly learn to use their outward attractiveness to gain their own ends, and when striving for these they will use any weapon in their armory - unscrupulous lying, and cunning evasiveness; escaping blame by contriving to put it on other people, wrapped up in all the charm they can turn on. In their better moments they may strive to be honest and straightforward, but self-interest is almost always the victor. If things go against them, they sulk like children. Also like children, they demand attention, admiration, and the spending on them of time, energy and money, throwing tantrums if they don't get what they want. They reflect every change in their surroundings, like chameleons, and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and materialistically self-centered if circumstances force them to struggle in any way. If the conditions of life become really adverse, their strength of will may desert them entirely. They can become uncertain of themselves, either withdrawn, or nervously excitable worriers, sullenly discontented, hard and irritable, with "Self" looming ever larger in their struggles. On the other hand their versatility can make them very adaptable, adjusting themselves to control the world around them by means of their inherent ingenuity and cleverness.

Most Gemini have a keen, intuitive, sometimes brilliant intelligence and they love cerebral challenges. But their concentration, though intense for a while, does not last. Their mental agility and energy give them a voracious appetite for knowledge from youth onward, though they dislike the labor of learning. They easily grasp almost everything requiring intelligence and mental dexterity, and are often able to marry manual skills to their qualities of mind. Their intellect is strongly analytical and sometimes gives them so great an ability to see both sides of a question that they vacillate and find it hard to make decisions. But their intelligence may very well be used to control and unify the duality of their natures into a most efficient unit. If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others. In their intellectual pursuits, as in other departments of their lives, they risk becoming dilettantes, losing themselves in too many projects which they follow until they become difficult.

In love they are fickle, not intentionally so but because of the basic inconsistency of their emotional nature, which has an amoral aspect to it. Their is a side to Geminians which can become deeply involved emotionally, and another, hostile to sentimentality, which stands back from a romantic situation, laughing at it and the protagonists in it, including themselves while analyzing it intellectually. Gemini subjects take nothing seriously. So, in love, in spite of their temporary depth of feeling, for the intensity of involvement lasts only while it is new, they are superficial, light-hearted, cool, flirtatious and unimaginative in the understanding of the pain they may give others. They like intrigue, the excitement of the chase, but once they have caught the prey, they lose interest and look around for the next creature to pursue. In less serious situations they make witty, entertaining companions, good acquaintances rather than friends. Even at their worst they are never dull - there is usually playfulness below the surface, and they can be brilliant conversationalists - but they can also be quarrelsome, prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats.

Geminians can be successful in many walks of life though their general characteristics tend to make them unreliable. They are often skilled manipulators of language, in speech and writing, and may be: debaters, diplomats (though in politics they are more interested in theory than practice), orators, preachers (brilliant rather than profound), teachers, authors, poets, journalists, or lawyers. In business any work which combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits them; working as a traveling salesperson, brokerage work, or dealing with the public in any capacity is right up their alley. Because they are dispassionate, logical, rational and analytical they make good scientists, especially in the fields of medicine and astronomy. They can also make excellent members of the Armed Forces, for they take danger no more seriously than anything else and can earn themselves a reputation for devotion to duty and heroic acts. In the arts they may excel in music, painting and sculpture. They make good psychic researchers of a sceptical kind. Negatively they can degenerate into confidence tricksters, thieves and even adepts in the black arts.

15. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

*gags*
    I am an Aries and a Horse. YAY.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sheep:
    This is the most feminine sign of the zodiac. A person of the Sheep year is called the Good Samaritan of the cycle. He is righteous, sincere and easily taken in by sob stories. He is likely to be mild-mannered, even shy. At his best, he is artistic, fashionable and a creative worker. At his worst, he tends to be easily overcome by his emotions, pessimistic and withdrawn.

The Sheep is known for his gentle and compassionate ways. He can forgive easily and be understanding about others faults. He dislikes strict schedules and cannot take too much discipline or criticism. Fond of children and animals, he is close to nature and a general homebody. The Sheep is apt to mother or even smother the objects of his affections. He is possessed by varying moods and finds it impossible to work under pressure. He also finds it difficult to be objective.

Scorpion:
    Metaphysical. Destructive and regenerative. Passionate and violent. Insightful and profound. Occult. (Heh!?)

I rather rely on the Chinese one...

17. Deepsea Anglerfish Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

here is how you count your chinese "horoscope"
    it followed the order asbelow
    mouse
    bull
    tiger (i called it cat)
    rabbit
    dragon
    snake
    horse
    sheep
    monkey
    rooster
    dog
    pig
    right now, it is the year of the horse
    it will be the year of sheep on 1-2-2003

18. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I guess it was stupid not to realize I wasn't the only Sagittarius on this board. Well, now that you know my Western sign, the appropriate Chinese sign (contrary to Ara's belief) would be the Dragon.

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A virgo born in the year of the rabbit.

20. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I didn't even know my Chinese sign, but apperently, I'm an Ox. (Thank god for Google.)

My Western sign is Virgo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.