1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your greatest find

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Niskers, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Losing it in the square outside The Flaming Fist HQ, and using my Necromancer to fry about twelve peasants using a wand of fire. I think Minsc and Ajantis attacked me after that, so I used cloudkill on Tiax and the rest of my own party before I attacked the floundering fist with lightning bolts and undead that I had summoned. I then proceeded to a tavern, where I got myself grossly intoxicated, before letting off another cloudkill near the bar area, and then retiring for the night.

Oh happy day. Life is never dull when you're evil.

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well this may sound strange, but I consider my greatest find the city of Baldur's Gate.

Baldur's Gate was my first AD&D crpg and frankly introduced me to AD&D rules. Which meant that my first character completely sucked in every way. I had major difficulties of surviving even the nashkel mines and it took me a loooong time to reach Baldur's Gate itself.

I just love cities, the fact that you can safely go and talk with people, hear rumours, take quest, explore buildings and unique places, make cities really the best parts of CRPG:s for me. Of course this made the city of Baldur's Gate a bit like a grail for me and I can't even begin to describe the joy when I finally reached the city. ;)

3. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My fave find in the game is the gauntlets of ogre power. Because I tend to use jahiera and khalid, neither has a very high str so I always give one the G of dex and the other the g of ogre power. Is a lethal combo.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

is it POSSIBLE to find the ankeg armor in nashkell without checking a site for it's exact coordinates..?

also, does downloading dark side of the sword coast mean that tales of the sword coast comes with it as well? and if not, what changes will this have on BG?

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    DSotSC doesnt come with TotSC. It is a completely seperate mod/add on. There are not many alterations from the game, rather new areas that are accesible. These can be reached by going of the side of maps that were previously unused.

The mod itself is known to be notoriously buggy, but the decision to play it is up to the individual to decide. As far as alterations to the game, ie map changes, etc. I cant think of any off the top of my head.

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Finding out the fact that wolves in the beginning woods are *deadly*

7. Balduran's Boot Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Gauntlets of ogre power, Drizzt's sword and a Helm of Balduran i think!

8. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Spider bane and the lair with the spider/human enemy (the huge web and the poison spiders) - thrilling!

9. Korgal the Strong Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

that ankheg armor in nashkel is some rockin stuff! the ring of protection +1 in the area where you first talk to elminster and the boots of speed(its such a blessing to move fast)

10. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Oh, and another thing I found that I liked, the ability to get two extra rings of protection +2 by pickpocketing :)

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Finding Noober and slaughter him into pieces had a great feeling to it.

But the moment I liked best (although I dont remember much about BG I) is when I found out you can increase your HP temporaily by casting Larochs minor drain on yourself

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The ring of Wizardry. As I didn't have TOTSC at the time, I had to wait all the way until chapter 5... but it was such a surprise to lay my hands on it!

13. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I know your mainly asking aobut weapons and items, but the first really good things I found in BGI was Minsc... and Boo!

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Its gotta be the boots of speed! I felt like a medieval Forrest Gump :)

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Finding the Gauntlets of Dexterity to slap on Dynahier just before you rescue her. Gives her -4 to AC and a slim chance to avoid being hit.

16. mistral Gems: 1/31

A running dwarf (you can put anyone here) fighting tactics, which is 5 long distance fighters and a bait for masses of enemies. You could also drop some mass spell here and you have clean victory.

Weapon or equipment? Maybe shadow armor, Drizzt armor, boots of speed... Wasn't that much impressed.

Montaron and Xzar pretending to be good guys. And Xzar's quote "I never loved you...".

17. KaraBenNemsi Gems: 1/31

Finding Ankheg plate while moving the cursor over the screen to select a party member, seeing it change for a glimpse and then moving the cursor around for another half hour or so to find that spot again. :bang: But the armor really was worth the trouble. :roll:

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Probably the boots of speed. It felt great to run around like that in Baldur's Gate 1. I guess I took the speed for granted in BG2, considering that you can run around casting haste spells over and over in BG2.

19. Grumpi Gems: 1/31

A long time ago, in distant galaxy... (when I played BG for the very first time) I was surprised by a fierce battle between Khalid and Jaheira (on the one side) and Montaron and Xzar (on the other side). I didn't think this is ever possible - they were all my buddies! So I reloaded saved game about 20 times, but nothing changed. I was stunned!
    Oooo, sweet memories!

20. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah, that happened to me the first time I ever played too. I walked upstairs in Feldepost's inn and saw that my party was losing life. I walk down and the harpers and the zhents are going at it in the middle of the inn.

My favorite was always finally saving up enough money to get a dagger of venom. Nasty.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.