1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your greatest find

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Niskers, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think my first greatest find was probably Varscona (ie. Greywolf's sword) too.

I also liked Ashideena (ie Bassilus' hammer) but I didn't find it until the third or fourth company that I ran through the game (on an unrelated note, it was with this third or fourth company that I actually finished the game for the first time).

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeslick. I needed a good cleric and another decent tank and he helped me in both ways there.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Definitely the Cloud Kill scroll that you find on that mage's corpse in the Firewine ruins. That little jewel made the final fight much easier when my conjurer used it against Sarevok. He was, of course, unaffected, but Tazok and Angelo didn't last at all. ;)

4. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Finally opening the chest at the foot of Daveorns bed. The amount of times I had played that game and never been able to get into that chest. What was in it wasn't all that good but it sure felt good to properly clear out his quarters!

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I liked the Helm of Alighnmet reverse, but it has been so long I forget where it is. Hmm...

6. caldurin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Off topic but anyway, I going through BG I for the first time and I was wondering if you find the ability increase tomes at the beggining of the games (I am goin to Beregost after meeting Khalid and Jaheira) or do I wait till the end for the Tomes. :confused:

7. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think there's two you can get pretty early. One is on the coast, the lighthouse area, in a cave guarded by flesh golems (make sure you have some kind of magical weapon before going there), and the other is in an Xvart cave in the Gnoll Stronghold area. Those are Constitution and Charisma (respectively).

I think the rest have to wait, since they're in Baldur's Gate and the crypts.

8. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My best find were Bassilus's war hammer +2 and Grey Wolfs +2 sword, the braces of archery were great with Kivan

9. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it was quite a find for me to actually leave Candlekeep, or maybe not so embarassing since I had that annoying character movement bug, I didn't manage to fix it until leaving Candlekeep.

I can't believe I was actually patient enough to get through that part in that way.

10. Drizzt the Drow Gems: 1/31

I think my greatest finds were Greywolf's Long Sword+2,The Ankheg Armor in Nashkel,Spider's Bane,Tamoko's Full Plate Armor+1,Drizzt's two scimitars and Drizzt's Mithral Chain Mail+4.

11. Eltharodo Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Speaking of Drizzt....

Just about every time I play a game, I always have a book nearby for those long loading times/cutscenes. I was just getting into Drizzt at that time. I have to say the introduction of Drizzt inot BG1 was a scene that truly bought a tear to my eye. The legend himself asking me for help was a sight that truly bought a tear to my eye... Good stuff, fond memories; What more do you need?

12. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

Finding the Ring of Wizardry outside of the FAI was pretty cool. Especially as you are L1 at the time.

13. Golden Avenger Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I found the golden Pantaloons which makes me a stud at the local disco. Also the merchant Agolmenmon( or somthing)has a cloak which makes me score with most chicks that dont like my nifty pants :p

14. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The tomes, because they can make a very sucky character into a singular fighting or thinking machine, especially when you strenght is very high and you wisdom IS NOT, because you can find three Tomes of wisdom.

15. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I probably had 2...
    After looking up the exact X-Y location of the ring of wizardry on the internet about 50 times, and had spent about 18 hours trying to get the "pick up item" hand to show up, I realized that I needed Tales of the Sword Coast installed, which, Ironically, had been sitting right next to me for the past 18 hours. When I finially installed it I jumped in the air when I got the ring, then realizing it wasn't the most amazing thing to hit the game (though still quite good)

The next was probably full plate mail, the first time I got it, because it just took my AC down insanely from chainmail (sad, I know) and then minsc's gnoll stronghold quest was insanely easy because those gnolls couldn't touch me once. Of course, at that point, they COULD touch everyone else in my party. :bang:

16. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The first time I went through the game I knew NOTHING about THACO, damage. Probably like most other 12 year old kids getting their hands on Baldurs Gate. When I found Hull´s (is that correct?) Long Sword in Candlekeep I knew it had to be special since it got a unique name.

I carried it with me all the way to Baldurs Gate where I couldn't find out how to go on with the story and therefore i quit the game for a couple of years.

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] The free ring of wizadry and the free ankheg armour were my favourites :) .
    That and the first fireball scroll I bought when I first played the game and had to wait till chapter 5 to get the spell. :(

18. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

The scroll of cloudkill is nice as well.

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Perhaps the spider bane

20. Boris Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Finding the game itself was great.
    When I first played The thing that got me most excited must have been meeting Minsc.
    Then later on giving him Spiders Bane & the Gauntlets of Dexterity.
    I was so happy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.