1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favourite music video

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] Just occurred to me - what is everyone's favourite music video?

Mine has to be Stole by Kelly Rowland. A great story behind it :
    Edit: better explain the video to those of you who haven't seen it.
    Well it starts off with a guy going downstairs on his way to school and seeing his mother with a black eye. He goes to school and shoots himself in the toilets, to be found by his girlfriend. Later on in the video we see her at the doctors, and crying at home. She later has a baby who looks just like the guy who died (some good computer editing there) So we are only to assume that he was her boyfriend. AT the end she writes 'Think before you act' ona memorial to him at the school. The moral? Think before you act of course.
    Halfway through in an apparently unconnected story there is a guy playing basketball who gets shot in the back of the head. the moral? A wasted life....Very meaningful I think.

[ March 06, 2003, 17:04: Message edited by: Shell ]

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like Madonna's Die Another Day. Seriously.

3. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I quite like the clip for November rain, but that might be because of the great song!

But the best music video of all times is Pink Floyd's The Wall!

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

music video?

How about those India's Bollywood movies? anyone seen those before?

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've always been partial to Weird Al's music videos -- I hate these pop star videos with all their pretentious trash. Weird Al just has fun with it and isn't trying, pathetically, to send a "message".

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n' Roses.

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
    You can call me Al - Paul Simon

The above were great videos. As for complete film, The Wall has to be the greatest ever.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    System of a Down - War, Serj´s way of screaming "Freedom is only available through death" is soo freek :D . But for the rest it´s just another concertvideo :(
    Pink Floyd - Blue Skies

9. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy
    Iron Maiden - Aces High
    Twisted Sister - I wanna rock
    Twisted Sister - We're not gonna take it
    Helloween - A tale that wasn't right
    Judas Priest - Breaking the law

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Mine's kind of an oldie: Girls on film from Duran Duran.

Another fav of mine is Two tribes from Franky goes to Hollywood.

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm quite a fan of the cover marilyn manson did last year i think it was. Can't remember the song, but the video is in a house party. I like that. For those of you who have seen it, you can prob guess why, those that haven't, i won't spoil your fun.

12. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Oh yes, Pac Man, Two Tribes was indeed a gem of a video. :thumb: I forgot about that one.

13. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Either the music video to Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger, or Waiting by The Rentals. The stunts in the latter one were pretty cool I thought. ;)

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have no idea who the artists are and I don't know the song either, but I like the videoclip:

During the clip you see several happenings that make you think of criminal acts. I.e A girl in an alley is suddenly pressed against the wall by a dude and you see a group of men in multimedia store throwing over computers into a van. It seems the girls is about to be raped and the men are plundering the store.
    Later, you see a motorbike crossing through the alley and crashing into store. The girl pressed against the wall was saved from an accident and the men in the store throwing over the computers are trying to get the driver of the bike out of the store, burried under the high-tech.

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think it's an Oasis video, MoN though I'm not sure which one

And it was Tainted Love from the film Not another Teen Movie, intentioner ;)

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Bittersweet symphony: the verve

One of the best songs out there and with a brilliant clip. The way that guy walks down that street only slightly stopping once for that limousine, very good.

17. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I know someone, somewhere has to post this, so... All The Things She Said by TaTu ;)

18. outputrotation Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Prodigy - Smack my b!tch up. absolutely brilliant vid.
    Windlowlicker by Aphex Twin is vicious too.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Faithless: Take the long way home

People making choices like whether they want to help others or not. You see both options shown.

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite music video is "Incantation", by Delirium.

The song on its own was good enough, but it went so well with a video that made a positive portrayal of native culture, and involved a heroic though ultimately fatal act to rescue a maiden from an Ice Demon.

Of course, the teenager in me also remembers with fondness "Welcome to the Jungle".

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.