1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favourite goal on the EC or WC ever!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Apeman, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] As the title says. If you can find a vid with your goal post it!

Mine (as a dutchie) would be:

World Championship 1998: Netherlands VS Argentina

Dennis Bergkamp scored the 2-1 in the 85th minute on such a magnificent way it blew my mind.

I'll try to find a link for the video, in the mean time post your favourite goal.

Multimedia then Argentina!

2. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Van Basten's lobvolley in the 1988 EC finals against Russia.

4. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have to agree with Pac man, van Basten's lobvolley: fantastic!
    Especially if you consider the heights and distance the ball travels before van Basten kicks it.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Darkthrone? Eh? Where you from?

I'm too yound to have seen any of the old 'classics'. So mine is, England VS Argentina. World Cup '98. Michael Owen takes the ball from the half way line, beats 4 defenders then flicks a gloriously delicate chip past the keeper.

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

One more vote for Van Basten.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Roberto Baggio's against Czech in WC 1990. Marvelous.

[ June 14, 2004, 20:52: Message edited by: Caleb: The Chosen ]

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Yup, my vote goes definently for Van Basten too, that goal was amazing, I have never seen anything like it.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My vote could only ever go to Steve Sumner's 54th minute strike for New Zealand v Scotland at the Estadio La Rosaleda in Spain at the 1982 World Cup - New Zealand's first ever World Cup goal.

Closely followed by Steve Wooddin's 64th minute score in the same game to bring us back to 3-2 and give the fans a bit of hope - until we were sunk by a rare on-target effort from Spurs' stalwart Steve Archibald in the 80th.

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Forgot one great goal made by a Swede. Sweden versus Aserbadjan 2001. 2-0 to Sweden. The wonderchild Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets the ball outside the penalty area, turns, flips the balls over himself and one player, lure another one away and scores on a goalkeeper that didn't have a chance. Good one, that one.

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Van Basten. Closely followed by Dennis Bergkamp's Argentina goal. Actually any goal DB scores is pretty amazing.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Maybe not the most important or the most beautiful one, but Larsson made a great impression on me tonight. He was flowing in the air before he headed that ball like a grenade in the lower right corner.

very nice :thumb:

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes Apeman. Very impressive goal :) .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.