1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Characters

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ex-Paladine, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] Everyone have a favourite character I think . Mine is always Ranger. :heh:

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Favorite character or favorite class? I think fav character has been covered ad nauseam And why do you like Ranger?

For pure class, I tend to lean towards spellcasters, followed closely by thieves. For multi-class, nothing beats cleric/mage. It's all in the magic.

[ February 14, 2003, 13:06: Message edited by: Spelladonna ]

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm with you on that one RuX. I (almost) always paly as a ranger. I don't know why, but I just love them. Thieves are O.K, but every other spellcaster than the Druid sucks...

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mage!

What's more fun than summoning a Fiend or two against a room full of enemies and slamming the door shut (or backing off if no door) and letting your "boys" go to work. :evil:

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ranger - archer Nisper. She was great :cool:

My favourite char. is and remains pure Druid -Shapeshifter.
    He's just perfect. Wis 25 (no cheating!!) makes him a terribly spellcaster with spell-casting for hours.
    And his Shapeshift is just great with Shapeshifter rebalanced mod (restores Werewolf to his original abilities in PnP).
    I just took care of Drizzt and his band single-handedly. :eek: Truly a powerhouse. And he's fun becouse he doesnt do so much damage ti make fun lasting longer :p ;)

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Maybe I'm dumb, but how did you get 25 wisdom? :confused:

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You can get Wisdom 24, if you have imported your character from BG1.

18 + 3 (tomes) = 21
    21 + 1 (Lum's machine in Watcher's keep) = 22
    22 + 1 (Deck of the many things) = 23
    23 + 1 (One of the Bhaal's tests) = 24

Gothmog4230, where did you get that one point? Did you use some item?

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

His name is Q.

Human male Assassin 25 dualled to Figher 26. He is extremely deadly. Someone I would not like to meet in a dark alley at nighttime. He is also Neutral Evil...

and he always looks out for his little kid sister, Imoen...

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sorcerer. Easier class than mage; you can just pick the spells you want. And I like of the idea of being able to cast spells with a snap of fingers.

*Below* Khelben, a barehanded baby could clear through of a horde of *goblins...*

[ February 16, 2003, 12:34: Message edited by: Virne ]

10. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Sorcerer,can cast millions of spells in a day like magic missiles,orbs,red dragon breaths,fireballs,stoneskinns...
    My runner up is archer.With great bows in game (tansheron,gesen and composite long bows such as elven court bow)he can cut his way through a horde of goblins easily.
    EDIT:Then dragons for you ;) ,i jut couldn't thinkof a middle level creature who appears as hordes....aha trolls

[ February 17, 2003, 15:18: Message edited by: Khelben ]

11. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I always love to play a human fighter/mage dual classed at 9th or 13th level. Never really did like other races, except for dwarven fighters. Sure humans don't get a lot of bonusses, but they are the only race that is kicking the asses of every other race for decades without having to worry about their birth rate, like almost all other races have to do (especially dwarves and elves). :cool:

12. Aces Gems: 19/31

There is a Silver Ioun Stone that gives +1 to Wisdom, so Wisdom can be max to 25.

It doesn't do anything else, but 25 Wisdom gives 2 extra level 7 Druid or Cleric spells so it's nice to have.

But Helm of the Rock or Helm of Balduran are tough to give up for your main character if they are a Cleric. :nolike:

13. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] OK here's the way i got 25 wis. Note that i've got TDD so that complicates things.

3 Tomes from BG1 + ToSC - +3 to wis

Wywern Crown of Cormry - gives all stats +1

Ring of Aravorn - gives wisdom +1

Machine of the Lum the Mad - wisdom +1

Quest in TDD where you get another +1

And i still have the Deck of Many Things, Bhaal Tear in Hell. I think thats all you can get.

Without TDD you can still max it out as Aces said before. With Ioun Stone instead of TDD ncklance and Deck of Many Things or Tear of Bhaal instead of TDD quest.

14. Aces Gems: 19/31

"Wywern Crown of Cormry - gives all stats +1

Ring of Aravorn - gives wisdom +1"

Those are items in mods right?
    I don't see them listed on the items charts of the normal game ToB.

The Silver Ioun Stone is in the normal game but must be summoned in I think. Wish Spell?

I'm not that far yet so I don't know for sure.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Helm of the Rock is fighter only (clerics can't use).

Yes.

Console. You can't get it with wish. It cannot be found in game.

16. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Paladin:Cavalier: Avalon!! My favourite game character (for the computer anyway, in p'n'p AD&D I have another: Sanjuro Kawabatake! Kudo's to anyone who can figure out where the name comes from)

17. Ghost Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Swashie and Assasin!! My favourite. Followed by Kensai/mage.

I'm more to the dark side and i'm always solo, that's why i dun pick bounty hunter.

18. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Which are all test and tomes that can give you all amount of points on your skills, e.g. Fighter:
    He can get 19 or 20 STR from tomes, and then after you finish the BG saga - what tests and tomes can give you as many as Gothmog's Ranger WIS on STR...

19. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Current Characters: Human, Stalker, Male, Named Aragorn :p He rocks with the Blade of Roses.
    Retired Characters: Dwarf, Fighter, Male, Named Corick. The first character I beat BG with.

20. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] MÄ°nsc and Boo.. Why I like Ranger.... :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.