1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite Beach....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I was just wondering what your favorite beach was. Please tell us where it is, and why it's your favorite.

Mine is Huntington Beach, which is in Orange County, California. As a kid my cousins and I would spend the day there and for dinner we would walk down the peir to have dinner at Ruby's. Not to mention I used to get all my clothes at Huntington Surf & Sport. :rollling:

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Little Apple Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

Nice white sand, decent waves but not too big so that swimming is awkward, and when I was last there relatively little comercialization and a relatively small number of people. :p

Of course the last time I was there was 10 years ago so the beach probably has a McDonalds, Starbucks and Club Med and is probably crowded as heck by now. :(

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Cancun/Cozumel

With Dewey Beach, Delaware a distant 2nd!!!

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Shining Plate Beach
    Radiant Heart HQ
    Athkatla 95410

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Bel, I've been to Cancun 3 times and I remember one year the beach was not so nice! 94' I think, after a big hurricane :( Ocho Rios, Jamacia was nice :hippy: I've been up and down the east coast, from Maine to Key West, the more south the better :)

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Plunder Island Beach, which you can find in a Monkey Island game, spank the cabana boy!!

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The best beaches are here in Halkidiki, one or two hours from where I live. The sea is calm, sand all over, it is deep and the waters clean. Mediterranean paradise. Every summer it is full of people bathing but there are the 'deserted' beaches where hardly anyone is there. And they're ususally better than the others.

I remember when I went to beach where the bottom of the sea was said to be very deep. I dived in and waded in the water for about 50 meters and when I said "Is this supposed to be deep?" there was no bottom under my feet. :eek: I was shocked a little but when I came round saw the a huge submarine cliff. :eek: I could see the edge and some of the cliff but after that... black darkness. It was fantastic.

8. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My favorite beach is on Sanibel-Captiva Island in south Florida on the Gulf Coast. There is a little secluded beach that takes about 10 minutes to walk to from the nearest parking area (unless you are a resident) that area nudists go too. And though technically nude beaches are non-existant in Florida, the authorities pretty much leave you alone there since you really have to go out of your way to get there. A little nudity never hurt anyone.

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    None of you will know these, but Filey beach in Yorkshire is my favourite, followed closely by Scarborough, though they do get alot of jellyfish.....

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lol, Morgoth! Allthough it's pretty nasty darn hot right there, it seems impossible to get a nice tan.

Serious,
    Scheveningen, but that's nothing compared to:
    Argeles sur Mer
    Torre del Lago/Viareggio in Toscane

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

My favourite would have to be a small little bay that me and my cousins stumbled apon when exploring an island up in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It was a small bay, not to hot, not to cold. Completly deserted. Wonderful clear calm water. And it wasn't to accessable so I would be surprised if anyone had been there in a while, which meant there was no litter or anything lieing around. A marvilous place :thumb:

12. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Bulges, I was thinking of the beaches on Sanibel-Captiva Island as well. Venice Beach, in Florida goes with it. Its were my wife and I had our honeymoon. Venice is also the fossil sharks tooth capital of the world!

13. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There are beautiful beaches on the Hebrides, the islands off the north west of Scotland. When the weather's good there's lots of smooth, white sand, still blue water and hardly anyone around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.