1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your dream character...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Benan, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

..with out using things like Shadow Keeper and other mods.

Say that the game didn't have all the restrictions like Kensai's unable to wear armour, or be chaotic. What would your dream character be like.

Mine would probably be a Half Elf CG Kensai wearing Grandmasters Armour, with the Gargoyle boots. Weilding Waters Edge and either Twinkle or Spectral Brand.

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

A chaotic evil Dark Elf dual-wielding Carsomyr and Crom Faeyr, wearing Shurrupak's Plate and Boots of Speed.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A Kensai/Assassin with Celestial Fury and that other kick ass katana. With the best armour in the game on. Can't be arsed to rack my brain and try and think of any names though.

4. david w Gems: 19/31

Actually if we're able to throw realism completely out of the window, I'd like to play an eight-armed Dark Elf (maybe some kind of Drider) wielding Carsomyr, Crom Faeyr, Flail of Ages +5, Ravager +6, Celestial Fury, Blackrazor, Mace of Disruption +2 and Unholy Reaver.

5. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Why so many Dark Elves? I'll take something ridiculous like a Solar or other celestial, myself. Good rules! I'd dual weild carsomyr +6 and the Axe of Unyeilding, and I'd have stuff like wing buffets, breath weapons, innnate timestop, and so on.

In all seriousness, a dream character is not necessarily the most powerful character; it's the most intersting to play, drawbacks and all. Kensai are interesting to play, because the classes weaknesses combine with its strengths to create an interesting gaming experience.

Dream character? What do you think you PC is, some kind of God? :)

6. david w Gems: 19/31

Okay, I want to roleplay a God:

25000 HPs, -42 THACO, -56 AC; wearing God Plate (full plate +15) and wielding the Smiter of Worlds (+22 greatsword that inflicts 6d6 acid, fire, cold, lightning and magic damage on a successful hit); 10 attacks a round due to permanent Greater Whirlwind Attack; permanent Absolute Immunity; Stoneskin as an innate ability that can be used as many times a day as I want it; and a couple hundred high level abilities for it things get tricky.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'd play a gnomish turnip seller. He'd have god like charisma, intelligence and wisdom. Permanant invisiblity during combat, such good pick pocketing he could steal your underwaer whilst you're wearing it, and would never have to fight as he could talk his way across the Abyss and Baator, without stopping for beath.
    In seriousness, I'd be a wizard slayer, dual wielding Crom Fayer, and runehammer. Also I'd be able to wear all the things wizard slayers can't.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Wizard Slayer/Conjurer/Assassin that has a special ability to be able to cast offensive spells while wearing armour.

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'd like to play a blade type single class character that has all the thieving abilities abilities of a true-class thief, can poison weapon, can backstab up to x10, can cast level 9 spells while wearing leather armour, uses the thief avatar (hoodies rule!), is permanently improved hasted, and can hide in shadows even within sight of enemies.

i'd have a lot of fun playing this character.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I would be an amoeba.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    @ Jaguar. LOL. I suppose it would make you the ultimate slime and ooze hunter.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I would be a Grimlock fighter dual wielding Celestial Fury and that acid katana from tactics2.

13. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A Wizard Slayer/Mage dual-wielding Celestial Fury and Axe of the Unyielding, Robe of Vecna, Ring of Gaxx..Wait? I've played that one :D

14. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Some old chap feeling invincible with his theory of ignorance.

(Theory of ignorance: One simply tries to ignore whatever spell/sharp metal is coming their way, to nullify the effect. Suffice to say, there arent many masters at this style ;)

15. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Elven CN Kensai/Sorcerer, Blackrazor, Carsomyr and the BMU.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Neeber, armed with the Harp of Pandemonium. :xx: :spin: :roll: :rolling:

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'd be an apeman defending his jungle.........what else would I be?

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A half-carrot bus driver, dual weilding a bamboo shoot and a stick of vanilla.

Or, if mods can be used (I have custom items I made myself installed.) then I would want...

Elven Kensai/Assassin/Mage

Dual Weilding 'Sundaku +5' Katana (100% poison res, 20 pnts of poison damage over 10 secs, +2 Backstab, Regenerate 1 hp per sec) and 'Sweeper +3' katana (+1 Attack per round, +5 lighting damage, casts improved haste twice per day)
    Wearing Black Dragon Scale (custom item again and a bit overpowered - 100% Acid res, 0 AC, May cast spells)
    Other items include Boots of Speed, 2 Rings of Preservation +2 (Item Upgrade mod), Belt of Inertial Barrier, Amulet of Ilmater (Item Upgrade mod), Cloak of Prot +2, Taza's Magnificant Magic Store bracers that give +2 Intellegence boost and some kind of Ioun Stone.

Or a Human Wizard Slayer/ Cleric of Talos/ Conjurer
    Weilding Celestial Kiss (Two Handed Sword, 2d6 damage, uses the quarterstaff prof due to its balancing: rubbish reason, I know, Celestial Kiss X2 per day - same as Power Word: Kll - Only usable by clerics)
    Wearing Breakfire Plate (100% Fire Res, -4 AC, May cast Sunfire and Flame Arrow 5 times per day)

And all the misc items listed in the prev one.

19. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] malovae: why bother wearing dragon scales when you could actually be a dragon(not the crappy familiar, puesedo dragon((he really sucks!)), you could wander along scarring everyone then stepping on all the little annoying kids who want a free ride on your back(where do they think they are? amn?).

failing that you could be a hippie, wandering around either converting people or if they disagree, go underground or hide in a tree(it works these days!)
    :D :D ;)

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Halfling Sorcerer/Assassin who can cast spells while wearing leather armor, is permanently improved hasted and has non-detection as an innate ability that can be used a reasonable amount of times per day.

Not too cheesy :D but GREAT fun to play!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.