1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your current party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ragusa, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have only recently started to replay BG-2 with annew party and eventually decided on what I'll probably use.

In my currently designed party I have the problem that my chars are pretty much focused on shortswords.
    </font>
    1. half-elf mc wildmage-thief, Milla Cloverleaf (human thief paperdoll): Aims in weaponry are: Gesen's bow and probably the equaliser thanks to the protection from mind affecting spells. Alternatively a good shield and returning dart +3 or normal darts for maximum number of attacks.
    2. halfling stalker, Alerian Woodwanderer (halfling thief avatar ;) ): shortswords and slings. I have the sling of seeking and use it with the shield of reflection - and in melee I revert to dualwielding shortswords (and later shortswords and daggers); also proficient with clubs against special opponents such as golems and skeletons. Aims for ToB are: Club of Detonation, Shortsword of Mask, Stardagger (or whatever the name was).
    3. elven kensai, Layla al Bassar: Longswords - using the whole repertoire, and will probably end up using the optimum weapon for a kensai IMO, the answerer, perhaps dualwielding it with another weapon - like Angurvadal. Also proficient ** with maces, aiming on Stormstar. No katana's or scimitars despite the arab sounding name ;)
    4. dwarven barbarian, Alobar Steelfist: Greatly complements the kensai and is using axes, flails in single-weapon style as well as crossbows - and will expand his abilities on two-weapon style and halberds and probably spears and b'swords - aims for ToB are: Axe of the unyielding, Ravager and Ixil's Spear and perhaps Foebane.
    I also thought about adding human sorcerer named Beelzebub Irrwitzer but it would have been too easy then. I like to exchange NPCs for diversion and various quests.
    I think I'd rather add a custom cleric or fighter-cleric, or perhaps an illusionist-fighter (legit btw :p ), a gnome perhaps, char and Keldorn (greatswords and b'swords and crossbows) or Sarevok (focusing on greatswords) later.

What are you playing atm and how do you intend to develop your chars ?

2. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My current party:
    PC: Gabriel, human berserker/cleric (9/x), CG, *** in maces and hammers and ** in sword and shield style.
    Right now I'm using Mace of Disruption +2/Shield of Harmony, later I'll use the Crom (still MoD against undead of course) and Sentinel +4 (keeping the SoH though). Haven't decided on ToB equipment yet. I don't want to dual wield. I like the shield look and it's nice to have an AC below -10 (and that's before I use beserker rage/defensive harmony).
    And despite the obviuos advantages I chose not to mc because I really just wanted a strong divine spell caster with some extra fighting abilities. And the berserker rage (x3) is great.
    Party is:
    Keldorn: using his own sword, later on Carsomyr of course (he's tanking alongside with me).
    Minsc, Valygar and Mazzy for ranged support - Mazzy with Tasheron's / Gesen's and Minsc and Valygar with the best long bows (probably Heartseeker and Strong Arm). And I've found that it's nice to have three great archers in the back.
    Later on I'll give Minsc ** in halberds and Valygar ** in dagger (Fire Tooth, Dagger of the Star) for backstabbing (I'm role playing) and ** in single weapon style. In regular melee he'll use Celestial Fury.
    And Jan as mage/thief using Robe of Vecna and (of course) Staff of the Magi (soon).

[ August 04, 2003, 15:58: Message edited by: Victor Eremita ]

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

If you use Minsc as a ranged fighter I wouldn't say that you're roleplaying that much. Just think of it...

4. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Daephon:
    Why? He's a ranger isn't he? Oh, and just for the record he's wearing the Shadow Dragon Scale...
    Just because he's babbling on and on about how he's going to punch or butt-kick (or whatever) evil I wouldn't say it's wrong to use him as an archer...

Or am I missing something?

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

he starts out with bow proficiency(sp?) so obviously hes meant to use them.

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

@Victor:
    Don't blame me :D I've read somewhere on the boards that it wasn't very RP to use Minsc as an Archer. It came from a somehow experienced player, but I can't remember who.

Anyway, I should stop going off-topic all the time. It's a bad habit I have :D

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    What's speaking against Minsc as an archer is his constant babbling about swords ("swords, not words!") and his berserker-like rage ... it's kinda freaky to imagine it that way: "Now I'm really getting mad and you'll feel the wrath of my blind rage from my mighty ... bow?!"

After all that, Minsc is pre-determined to Use Lilarcor ;)

8. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Exactly!

My current party: (the names may seem familiar, but that's just because I wanted NPC interaction, the characters are custom made)
    Glorfindel, my elven sorcerer.
    Minsc, dwarven kensai.
    Valygar, wizardslayer/thief.This class suits him soooo well.
    Aerie, elven archer.
    Viconia, half-elf ranger/cleric.

Mazzy, halfling thief, but once Valygar dualclasses, I'm gonna replace her with Jaheira the fighter/druid.

@topicstarter: you have some nice names for your chars!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.