1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Country Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Methylviolet, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Shralp, glad you agree with me on Austria ;).
    Just posting about your England with a conservative government comment, you probably know this, but Britain has infact got alot wealthier since it went Labour. Though i'd still like to see a conservative government, i'd hate have Ian 'baldy' Duncan-Smith as a leader, we could use another Thatcher i say, oh, and a good bout with the Argies ;).
    I think Spain's getting pissed off about Britain owning some Island (the name escapes me). All i say is bring it on ya Taco scoffing Tourist monkeys!

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Some things I can't figure out:

A. Bricks and Canada? WTF!???!?!??!?

B. The Jews have been persecuted for the past 4000 years (heck, even by their reckoning). If everyone in the classroom has a problem with *ONE* kid, is the rest of the class the problem? Or just that one kid? Like Kressalack said, "Think upon that."

C. Kid's vandalism? Are you just mad because some really bright 13-year-old climb up on the bridge and creatively wrote "Everything Suddendly SUCKS"?

D. Japan? Right wing? Dude. That's one adverb that never occured to me, once. Racist? Yeah. At least, only if you're a tourist. Don't know about if you're Japanese. Self Centered? Yep. Damn fine engineers? Yepper than yep.

E. Hate French? I pickup French easier than I do Mexican. I'd tell you that French chicks rule, but if you've only been to Paris, you'd never believe me. It probably just comes from experience.

F. China? Yeah, I'd say lay off the pro-creation too. Sex is good. Sex while using contraceptives is even better.

G. Wash your hands? This one is like the Bricks/Canada thing. No clue. Please enlighten me. Is it one of those "don't show your heels/shake with left hand" kinda thing, where they believe it's against their religion to wash their hands?

H. Don't own the world? Well, we're trying too. So's Japan. Or at least, trying to 0wN The States.

I. The whole Austria/Germany/Jew's money thing is foolish. But don't get me wrong; I like Siemens phones and Beck's beer.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Ok, I saw far far too many wooden houses in Canada, they look sh** and are sh**. And spaniards should wash their hands when they cook because they have the highest modern nation food poisoning count in Europe.

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Z-L, Tacos are Mexican, not Spanish. And yes, I have been to Spain. Didn't see a single Taco while I was there.

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Natch funky, they originated from spain. I saw loads while i was there.

6. Z-Layrex. Get this straight, WE ARE NOT LUMBERJACKS. Just because *you* went to a city(probably cheap) that is made out of wood, doesn't mean our whole country is made out of wood. If you go to Ottawa you won't see a single house made out of wood. I live in a community full of brick houses, and the community right beside us is made out of brick.

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

No Z. Tacos are Mexican.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/dictionary.pl?6781
    http://www.library.arizona.edu/images/folkarts/tucfood.html

Do a Google search.
    For one thing, a tortilla in Mexico is the corn shell that holds a the taco contents. In Spain, a tortilla is a kind of potato pancake (see the second link). Our tour guide in Spain made the point of telling us that tacos are Mexican and you would not be seeing that type of food in Spain.

You must have been eating at Taco Bell.

On topic, Mexico is a pit.

Edit:
    Shadow, it's hard to hear what you are saying over the sound of the chainsaws in the background. :p

[This message has been edited by Jack Funk (edited July 12, 2002).]

8. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Gibraltar, the island where the Mediterranean and the Atlantic come together, is the island that Spain and the UK have been arguing about for millions of years. Right now, I think the UK has a bunch of monkeys running it.

And perhaps the UK has grown richer lately. But I'll bet that has less to do with Labour than it does with new technologies and products.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Personally I hate france and have not even the respect to put a capital letter at the beggining - they eat amphibians and shelled creatures from their back ponds, I find the french irritating and the language is sh*te, they can't say names properly and are sissy.

Australia - get lives, you go around with sad accents and have Rolf Harris and that guy that plays with crocodiles, the two thickest people apart from G W Bush who is equal to both of their stupidity added together.

I'd go on about America, but the post would probably get too long.

I don't think England has got rich lately anyway and if we did it would be from our own work, I hate Tony Blair though and had to put up with a head teacher who looked (and acted) like him, no wonder I hated him back. I say bring back the Tory Party. And pick on France and Canada

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Jack - I stand corrected about where Taco's originated, but i give you my word that i saw loads in southern spain.

SG - Face it, Canada sucks.

8people - I assure you we have become ALOT wealthier, you DO know about the huge amount of nukes the UK just built. We've now long surpased Russia in Nuclear warhead amount. Also, you havn't bleeding noticed!? They're about to start building 10 new sky scrapers in Central London. The dome, the new missles, the bloody Afghanistan campain! The new ferrys and public airlines. They've made the best Army regiment in the WORLD, even better than it was before (SAS).

Oh yeah a thing that annoys me about US armed forces, they try to compare the Navy Seals to the SAS, laughable. According to the Time's rankings they come lower than a standard Royal Marine.

11. Well, Z-Layrex, at least Canada has nature, unlike the U.S.A, who gets all their wood from Canada. :flaming: Your country is as bad as ours, if not worse. And beaver is a truly pround animal, if I say so myself!

12. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Z_Larex: your little comment on Labour making the country wealthier. Your obviously a townie!
    come to the country and you will see what that snivelling excuse for a man has done to this place. Foot and mouth was handled badly but done that way on purpose to get rid of as many small farming companies as possible.

A year ago one of my best mate's Father shot himself because labour democracy/facism took away most of his money and have brought the livestock market to a grinding halt.
    5 years ago you could buy a lamb for 20 quid. Now you can buy 2 for 1 quid. Farmers are broke and the only notice you take is your f**king stupid campaign against fox hunting. Yet another thing that labour has messed up. A fox can kill 20 lambs a week but it is wrong fr us to kill it. None of your buissness i say!

That is what i think of our government. Sod Labour GO CONSERVATIVE!.

On a lighter note:
    My thoughts:

England: Crap government, good booze. Too many mingers.

France: Smells of garlic. Nice countryside, interrupted by ugly faces.

Belgium: Mmmmm Chocolate.

Netherlands: Sooner it sinks the better really.

Sweden: Very clean. highest suicide rate but who cares i like the place.

Germany: I like them. Nice sausages.

Greece: They invented homosexuality....on vases.

Balkans: American soil. Due to the fact that there is more shards of American metal than there are people.

Afganistan: oh dear you trod on America's toe. Now pay.... in blood.

Iraq: Using the oppurtunity on lack of attention to build world destrying bombs.

Sudan: Stupid.

Nigeria: one of my friends comes from there.

Kenya: lovely scenery.

Egypt: don't bomb here please. i am going there soon and i like archeology.

Italy: Poor losers

Spain: Hairy nipples.

South Africa: What a bloody mess.

China: More people per square inch than anywhere else = more decent chicks = condoms and airline ticket.

Japan: Been there and i have t say it is the coolest place in the world. Friendly and they also play baseball. my favourite foreign game.

Ozzy land: Great soaps.

Argentina: England has so kicked their ass over the years.

Cuba: much better than america at baseball HAHAHA! GUTTED USA!

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shadow_Goddess - You see the reason we get ALL (please) our wood from Canada is so that we can deplete your natural resources while preserving our own forests. Pretty soon Canada will be nothing but meadows and we'll have lots of old-growth forests. ;)

So why are you picking on the US when Z-Layrex is from the "United Kingdom of Great Britain"?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 13, 2002).]

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yeah, slightly off topic, but as BTA brought it up:

Z-Layrex, the whole location of yours is wrong :p

Primarily, because the UK and GB are two different things.

Great Britain is only England, Scotland and Ireland, whereas the UK is all that and Northern Ireland.

:p

15. zaknafein Guest

[​IMG] Hey 8people! We've got lives, who the hell is Rolf Harris and, well, you have a point with Steve Urwen:p. Whats wrong with the accent. Actually, what accent? The only time I ever actually notice that we have an accent is when I watch lame movies with Australians in them or when we try to imitate our own accent(very rarely).
    Also, why should we get off the coast, the coast is a very nice place. And I also can't see why we just can't send the illegal imigrants away or just let them stay.

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"oh dear you trod on America's toe"

Hmmmmmmmm.

"Hairy nipples."

Ummmmmm. Ok.

"more decent chicks"

Uhhhhhh. Warning! Warning! Fallacy in Logic. Error! Error!

"condoms and airline ticket."
    *WhEw*
    (Prision in China == Suckin'.)

"much better than america at baseball"

And swimming. Also, sailing/rowing.

17. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Canada sucks -- Canadians are just so damn smug. And they make bad music.

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

There changed it, happy wildfire? :p

Canada is really a load of crap. They're right next to the USA and desperatley try to say that they're just as great. They usually use their forests as an excuse. It's not a country, it's the US's spair sh**-hole.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have noted that alot of people have think that Argentine is a helluva place to live and/or brings up their pathetic work in the Falklands crisis. Has no one noticed the extreme crisis the nation is in? The land is literally falling apart and has been doing so for a year, nothing works. It soon a disaster area.

Ill throw some shit me too.
    Norway: Your booze are more expensive than ours, that is bizarre! Get a grip.

the UK: Get a life! Jump off Bush' lap

Afganistan: Now that was stupid housing a bad bad man that killed almost 2k americans, of course you deserve to have tens of thousands of your civilians bombed to oblivion.

Germany: You really should atleast try to move forward when the rest of the world do so.

Israel: Fascist nazis.

[This message has been edited by joacqin (edited July 13, 2002).]

20. Z-Layrex, if you think we are a s***-hole, it's because you've made *your* home a s***-hole, so you have to trash us, because you won't have any room left in that damn nation of yours!! If you hadn't noticed, Canada is one of the few countries who *didn't* exceed their budget limit this year! And Canada is one of the only countries who are peace related. And another thing, Bioware AND Ed Greenwood are *both* Canadian, so if you hate Canada so much, why do you play Bioware games?! Besides, I bet in another 50 years your states will grow to 100 from all those weapons you like to make so you can bomb and kill people, even though they are innocent!

BTA - With those drugs that make trees reproduce 10 times faster, I don't think we'll have any problem.

Methyl - Canada makes great music, what are you talking about?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.