1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Country Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Methylviolet, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It cracks me up to see the little fires of nationalism that are always springing up around these boards. You would think this was the tournee internationale de monster-truck site.

What I don't get, however, is that the relative merits of countries besides the U.S. are not considered so much here. The U.S. may suck, but probably there are other countries that suck just as much -- and whose citizens will jump to defend them just as entertainingly.

So I propose we all criticize other people's countries. Not the U.S., that's been done, but any other country that ticks you off -- and watch the fur fly!

2. Sol'Kanar Guest

Well, the thing is I haven't lived in any other country for longer than three months. And in that time I always liked that country more. I want to live in Europe when I become independent.

3. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Its probably because your country sucks.

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Scandinavia doesn't sound too bad....:grin: :spin: :roll: :eek: :rolleyes:

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Violet, the US is a lovely place, with very lovely people living in it ;). It's just that most people prefer Europe, for whatever their reasons. USA, dosn't suck, just the army. :p ;)

I've been waiting for a topic like this, know that i don't 'hate' any countrys, just that there are things i dislike about them. Here's a few:

France - My GOD i hate that damn language! And what is it with fashion over there!!?

Sweden - Many Swedes say they are a great industrial nation when they are falling behind much of Europe.

USA - Too many overweight people. Same goes for Guns.

Britain - Kid's vandalism, REALLY hate that.

Germany - I noticed that there's graphity problem over there.

Canada - Jesus guys they're called BRICKS!

Italy - Do make up your mind who's you side with in a war...

Australia - Time to leave the coast people!

New Zealand - Ahh! Too many trees!

Russia - God don't get me started, the worst of the lot.

Japan - Stop being so right wing!!!

Phew, that's enough for now...

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited July 11, 2002).]

7. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

The link was funny, shralp, but not as funny as it would be to see p*ssed-off citizens of those countries defend themselves against it.

Which was really my hope for this topic.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If you want people to get defensive, you have to be specific in your attacks (like Z-Layrex).
    The only country that really offends me is France (BTW I'm 1/4 French). The entire country seems to be based on the concept of "form over function". That and in the last hundred years or so they have been incapable of defending themselves.
    Many world governments suck, far worse then the USAs (which I think is one of the best, sad but true). But the people seem ok. China is a good example of this.

9. Bricks, Z-Layrex? WTF do you mean by that? Of course bricks that make up the outside of my house are called bricks. What would they be called, chunks of crap cement? And don't go insulting France. If you haven't noticed Z, French is a far better language because the language actually follow the rules they set, unlike English. And France has better fashion than Britney Spears, and I do believe she's American.

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Here's some more:

China - STOP HUMPING!!!

India - For christs sake, hire some street sweepers!

Austria - You're Germans and you know it.

Greece - Clean up your coastline!

Antarctica - Damn penguins :roll: :rolling:

Mexico - Get rid of the Donkeys.

Brazil - We've cured leprasy, why can't you!?

Spain - WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

More later :)

11. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

USA: You don't own the world
    Denmark: Nazi goverment
    Russia: Mafia goverment
    England: sissy language, and much rain
    Bangladesh: Dunno, but its sounds cool.

12. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

When I started this topic, I just thought that the U.S.-bashing was old but didn't particularly want to bash anyone myself -- but lo, I found some vitriol for you after all.

Israel -- We displaced a whole lot of people off the land their families had lived on for a thousand years because the world owed a debt to the Jews after WWII -- which it absolutely did, and we were right to do it, and, well, can't please everyone. But what do they do? Suck two billion dollars in foreign aid from the U.S. every year from then until now while expanding ever deeper into neighboring countries and treating its minority Palestinians worse than cattle. They brutalize the Palestinians until they've got nothing to lose, who then become terrorists, and blow up -- the World Trade Center, New York, New York. It sucks. Oy vey -- and you are not only not a Jew if you take exception to any of this, you are an anti-semite.

13. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

ok i dont get it, whats with the canada and bricks stuff??

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Kit - Don't worry about it...Your country sucks anyway! ;)

15. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Norway: Both cross country skiing and those disgusting cardigans.

Israel: same as methylviolet.

Palestine: One word: corruption.

Holland: with schengen your drug policy also becomes ours, and we never asked for that.

USA: Stop owning the world.

Germany: Stop thinking you own the world.

France: when a tourist in paris asks you a question in english, chances are he won't understand if you reply in french. Even if you do it over and over again.

The Arab Countries in General: So, now you've made billions with oil, how about democracy?

Australia, Denmark, and others: You know, immigrants won't kill you, the US has a few of them after all, and they're doing alright, no?

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Too true!

The only countery I realy hate is Mexico. I used to live in So. California, and after a while, you get tired of seeing all the caution signs in San Diago. (the ones with the family running) Freak, can't they stay in their own country?!?! If they want in bad enough, apply for citizenship. I heard on the tv tonight that over 500,000 illegal immigrants somehow sneek in to the USA every year. That really pissed me off. The US should put up fences like they have in max. security prisons with motion sensing gun turrets! Maby that will keep them out! It's not the US's fault their country sucks.

This post is aimed at all the illegal immigrants in the US, so if you got offended, then you're probably one of them...so get the hell out of my country!!!

Phew...That felt good...:rolling:

17. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Kitrax, you forget the cost of applying for citizenship is more than your typical northern mexican rural family can save in years. :p

It isn't any wonder they're hopping the fence... hell I know I would, and so would you!

18. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    nah, I wouldn't bother hopping the fence. It's so much easier to jump off a bridge instead-and much more fun

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Heh heh, new that would piss you Canadians off.....dare i say it...y'all! :roll:

I see far too many buildings made out of wood there, i lived in Canada for a while....YUCK!

20. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Don't pick on Canada. It's our favorite suburb.

France -- well, the last time I posted what I thought of France -- and linked to an article to that effect -- Taluntain erased it as too offensive. So it would be futile to try to quote it.

Z, your comment on Austria is exactly what I kept thinking when I was there back in 1996. In truth, despite the fact that I've got relatives in Germany, I can't stand the goosestepping culture over there. The frightening coldness and repression of everything human (save for some attempts at art and music that look more at home on an episode of SNL's "Sprockets") makes one realize exactly how easy it was for a demagogue with some passion to take over the place back in the 30s.

North Korea drives me nuts, but I doubt we have any readers whom I would offend with my observations on their knee-high dictator who's starving his people to death. Ditto with Somalia.

Israel ticks me off too, Violet. I think they're ultimately on the sleightly better side of the Palestinian conflict, but it just really pisses me off when we give them so much aid and they repay us by reverse-engineering the military technology we gave them and selling it to U.S. adversaries, voting against us at the U.N., etc. What a bunch of nudniks.

Nations that don't suck: Russia, Japan, England (under a Conservative gov't), Ireland, Argentina, Australia, India, Spain, Ukraine, Nigeria

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.