1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your all time favourite TV show?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by joacqin, Dec 1, 2002.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which is your? For me it would have to be a tie between M.A.S.H and The Simpsons. M.A.S.H must have had the best mix between drama, political satire and humour ever seen and the actors were magnificient. The last episode of the series is forever etched into my memory. The Simpsons is just truly marvelous, I laugh myself silly almost once per episode and I am not a man to laugh easily. My only complaint about the series is that it sometimes is a bit tame in its social criticque, I would have wished to be a bit sharper but you cant get it all. All in all it is a magnificient series who is still going strong.
    I have to mention two swedish series as honourary runner ups but who failed due to only one season a piece and that they not known outside of Sweden. NileCity and Percy Tårar, two magnificient series by the same gang of comedians that perfected the art of ironic humour.

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Either Family Guy, or Futurama. Both are so darn stupid that they are funny as hell!

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Simpsons, Who's Line Is It Anyways?, and AirFarce. Gotta love humour. :p

4. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't watch much TV (I decided to get a high speed internet connection rather than Cable Television) but if I see the Simpsons on I'll watch that show.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The Simpsons is one of the best shows ever made. I just can't get enough of it.

6. The Lawful Xaositect Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I despise the Simpsons. My favorite television program has been titled 'Arthur', a close runner-up however, would be 'Seinfield'.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The Simpsons, Sabrina, and Never Mind the Buzzcockz - that's all I watch on TV

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Most definatly at this moment: 24 (now playing 14:00 - 15:00)

And now the flaming begins :p

Friends, all the seasons, I love them, can't help it

Forgot one: Wie is de mol? (Who is the mole) a dutch show, really good!

[ December 02, 2002, 11:04: Message edited by: Apeman ]

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My all-time fabvourite? It HAS to be Babylon 5.

Of all the 110 episodes, I missed no more than five, and none by my own volition. I missed them for reasons such as faulty receptioon, being on another continent and electricity going out.

I have about 95 episodes taped, and I bought all the movies when they came out on video :)

This show is simply so utterly perfect that... that... that... I love it beyond words. The best ever.

Crusade was crap.

Narns rock... I used to claim that I was in reality a narn.... :p ....

I actually wrote a B5 fan fic for a school paper once... I didn't know it was fan fic when I did it, though....

Love the show to pieces....

Ara
    (JUst plain nutty this time... hazel nutty)

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The more known ones would be Southpark and Conan O'brien. Some sci-fi series have been pretty good as well. But I guess the best ever goes to the only Finnish show I'd ever grant over 6 points (in a 1-10 scale, where this one actually gets 9 or 10), which is Uutisvuoto. Newsleak in English. A show where there are 2 teams basically "competing" with each other with 1 judge sitting in between. It's a quiz show consering all of the current political events inlands and out in the world, where your answer has to be put in the funnies form possible. Basically the answer is right when you just mention wether it's yes or no or what the exact name is... but the deduction that led you to that answer is completely hypothetical. Both of the teams have Finlands perhaps best writers as the 1:st members every show so they do keep the thing running, being experienced in the show and highly articulately skilled. A hilarious show, too bad it only comes once a week.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    That would be tie between Simpons, Futurama and Southpark..

Screw you guys, I´m going home

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How could I forget Babylon 5? I was all concentrated on comedy series that I forgot that one. Sadly I have missed more or less half the series but the last three seasons were superb and it is the only series which I have actually followed that had a storyline from episode to episode.

13. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

The Bernie Mac show. That is the funniest show EVER!

14. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Any show that piques my interest. Currently: e.r.

15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The Simpsons. Nothing else is even close.

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Too many to name, but a few of by faves are: Band of Brothers, Scrubs, TLC, I'm Alan Partridge, 2DTV, TV GO HOme, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Friends, Brother's Keeper, The Sopranos, Dead Wingers, and many many more. :)

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...I'm going to have to say either, The Simpsons, or M*A*S*H* :rolling:

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Anamaniacs was a favorite ten years ago. Now it's mainly Simpsons. Malcolm in the Middle is also hilarious.

19. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I guess if I had to pick one it would be???

Simpsons
    South Park (first season)
    sex and the city (crack me up!)
    x-files (first season only)
    star trek- kirk and picard
    twilight zone
    or
    outer limits (way back when I was a kid and it was on in the afternoon)

[ December 03, 2002, 02:48: Message edited by: scarampella ]

20. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

M*A*S*H and Seinfeld do it for me!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.