1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You must pack 16 tons before venturing further.

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by ArrynMorgerim, Feb 2, 2004.

1. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, I was curious if anyone discovered this nice bug.
    When you overweight TNO so that he can't move, you can leave the area you are in instantly, just by clicking on the leaving point. I found it realy helpful in Rubikon.

2. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That really possible?
    Wow... I will have to try that soon, after I find my disc.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That's not a bug.

Any party member can initiate area transitions, carrying the whole party with them.

4. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah, but when the party member, who is "clicking" on the way out, is standing, disabled by all the weight, somewhere in the middle of area, even when the leaving point is not reachable, that's something different, I think.

Try it. It will instantly bring the world map (or just new area, if that is the case) no matter where are the other companions. I didn't try it with others than TNO, because he's the only one with weight allowance as low as 50 lbs. (62+- lbs is enough to stop him)

Anyway, it's weird enough you can sneak with Annah through whole Baator and easily get the others to the Pillar of Skulls (in her back pack I asume - wait, where has it she?) and so...

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Have you noticed that the second you click on an area transition with one party member, all the others start walking over as well?

What you are describing isn't a bug, unless you are soloing.

6. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

No, it is a bug. He's not talking about the other party members walking to the exit. This is something that you can do any time you want, even when soloing. At least, this method is (I haven't done it via encumbering TNO);

There is another, easier way to do this. Click the exit and then ASAP right-click to bring up the menu. Click the attack button and select any weapon (but don't attack anything). Then right-click again to close the menu. You will be instantly brought to the next area as if you had reached the exit.

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Another similiar bug (at least I think it's a bug) that is useful when crossing hostile areas, though you need to have been there before, is to hit 'm' for the map as the area loads. Then scroll to the exit and order your group there, then switch back to the map and you see your group (the green circles) going across the map and then an area load screen pops up as you reach the exit.

The reason this is useful is that when you do this about 75% of enemies and even some traps ignore you. However it's uses are limited as it is rare that you will visit a highly hostile area repeatedly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.