1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You May Be a 90s Kid If.....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Halasz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.

It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90's just wont cut it.

You're a 90's kid if:

You can finish this [ice ice _ _ _ _ ]

You remember watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain,Animaniacs

AAAAAAAH Real Monsters!

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"

You just cant resist finishing this . . . "Iiiiiiin west philidelphia born and raised . . ."

You remember TGIF, Step by Step, Family Matters, Dinosaurs, Boy Meets World, & most importantly Full house.

Zach & Kelly were & still are ment to be.

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early
    on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You remember reading "Goosebumps"

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence . . .

when everyhting was settled by rock paper scissors..or bubble gum bubble gum in a dish...and even better daddy had a donkey inky pinky ponky.

when cops and robbers was a daily activity.

when we played Hide and go seek until our legs grew numb.

when we used to obey our parents

You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time.

"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" was both a game and a TV game show.

Captain Planet. He's a Hero.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the RED ranger, were meant to be together.

You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular.

You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny. And it was hosted by Bob Saget

You remember watching Home Alone 1, 2 , and 3 . . . and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"

You remember watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.

You remember when Yo-Yos were cool.

You remember those Where's Waldo books.

You remember eating Warheads.

You remember watching the 1st Batman, Aladin, Ninja Turtles, and 3 Ninjas movies.

You remember Ring Pops.

You remember drinking Surge, and Tang.

If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB!"

When they made the new lunchables so that you could make pizza AND tacos.

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.

cordless phones were as big as your forearm.

Making those little paper fortune cookie things, and then predicting your life with them.

You played and/or collected "Pogs" :)

You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere. [oh man.]

. . . Furbies ENUF SAID!.

You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.

And Windows 95 was the best.

You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles.

Michael Jordan was a king.

YIKES pencils and erasers were the stuff!

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.

You remember when the new Beanie Babies and Talking Elmo were always sold out.

You collected those Beanie Babies.

Carebears

You remember when it was cool to be an M&M for halloween

Gak was the coolest stuff invented.

Lambchop's song never ended.

The old dollar bills.

You were sure you were going to merry Nick Carter or one of the boyband lead singers. but mostly. Nick Carter <3

Silver dollars, which were cool to have.

You remember a time before the WB.

You remember Dawson's Creek

You collected all the Troll dolls

If you even know what an original walkman is.

You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You know the Macarena by heart.

You always wanted to be that kidd singing "oh i wish i was an oscermier wiener..."

Beavis and Butt Head

You remember everyone going crazy scared & filling up their bathtubs before the milenieum!

"Talk to the hand" . . . enough said

You always had your favorite: spice girl & salor moon character

You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"

You went to McDonald's to play in the playplace.

You remember when mcDonalds served pizza!

You remember playing on merry go rounds at the playground.

Before the MySpace frenzy . . .

Before the Internet & text messaging . . .

Before Sidekicks & iPods . . .

Before MIKE JONES . . .

Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX . . .

Before Spongebob . . .

Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.

When light up sneakers were cool.

When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.

When gas was $0.65/L & Caller ID was a new thing.

When we recorded stuff on VCRs.

When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off of our walkman.

Way back.

Before we realized all this would eventually disappear.

Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!!!!

Post this in your bulletin if you remember these days

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Hahhaaah sounds familiar!
    I didn't recognise everything though, but that's because I was born in Finland.

It's sometimes irritating when some (even) younger guys talk about "Never Ending Game Saga, part V" and you have to remind them there was a "part I" they never heard of.

I'm actually a Nintendo guy myself and missed SNES/N64/gameboy in this list.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh nostalgia, most of it is true!

and
    I kind of miss the easyness of recording TV shows and movies with a VCR.

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Omg, Pogs were amazing. I was unbeatable; I only ever spent about £10 on them in total, but ended with over 1500, and there were only a few people that could ever beat me with any consistency. I still have them somewhere. Eventually they got banned; loads got stolen every lunchtime.

And I remember getting up at about half six every saturday morning to watch Skeleton Warriors. Now that was a cartoon; the bad guys actually won sometimes! And it had a proper finale, where people actually died, rather than continuing until ratings drop too low. They don't make cartoons like they did back then.

I was never allowed to watch power rangers; it was apparently "too violent". Children used to play it at school, and it would almost always end in a fight.

Genesis (or Mega Drive as it should actually be called...) was so much better than SNES, although I seem to be the only one that thinks that. Golden Axe! Streets of Rage! Sonic & Knuckles! Altered Beast! Toejam & Earl! Tazmania: Escape From Mars! Greatest games system ever, and now I own a load of them on my Wii, via Virtual Console.

Oh, nostalgia...

5. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Gosh, I actually qualify for quite a number of them...

6. Dethwynd Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ahh the nostalgia, and a bit sad too. Only 1 thing on the list doesn't describe me in the 90's.

You were sure you were going to merry Nick Carter or one of the boyband lead singers. but mostly. Nick Carter <3

Being a Hetro male this is a little out of my juristiction :p

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Quite the nineties kid here.

Go pink Power Ranger. :p

Hmmm...*nostalgia* how fast things change.

8. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Let me just be the first to say "Captain Planet, he's a hero, he's gonna take pollution down to zero, he's our powers magnified and he's fighting on the planet's side."

I STILL watch this cartoon! :)

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...that list brought back memories.

Too true! Transformers was the best Saturday morning cartoon ever! :bigeyes:

Kids these days would benefit from these experiences. :thumb: :rolling:

10. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

SNES beats Mega Drive anyday.

Mortal Kombat, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart... although I prefer Amiga over them both.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Despite the fact that I recognize quite a few things on that list in no way do I qualify as a 90's "kid" :geezer: :hippy:

12. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This really does bring back memories. I used to love Aaaahhhh Real Monsters and Rugrats as a kid. I'm also really quite surprised at how many things apply to me as well.

The Nick Carter thing doesnt though. It REALLY doesnt.

13. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Heh sure brought back some memories. ;)

I'll have to say though that saturday morning cartoons were quite educational. It made me learn to read way before school and even taught me some English. These days kids get dubbed crap and learn nothing. :geezer:

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I was suprised by how many of those I did.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

AHHHH Real Monsters was so sweet, as was Dinosaurs (I'm the baby, gotta love me, hit my daddy on the head with a frying pan...). Good stuff :thumb:

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I owned both a Genesis and a SNES so it's hard to tell which one is better. Golden Axe was the game though, it kicked so much ass!

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ahh, does that bring back memories!

McDonald's pizza... *shrugs* it was alright, I guess...

SNES and Genesis also bring back memories of AD&D WoTES, Sword of Vermillion... ahh, those were the days.

And who could forget Pepsi Crystal? That stuff was foul... worst thing, some folks buy some unopened bottles for a small fortune on eBay... I also remember Pepsi Blue's ancestor, Crush Berry or some such - unlike it's successor, Crush Berry actually was good stuff. To think that when it was phased out, the convenience store near where I lived back then sold them 4 for a buck. Man, am I glad I'm not diabetic...

I also remember the BSB cult - especially the bunch of crazed chicks who almost worshiped the one chick who gotten the album. It was pathetic.

Gak... it was cool stuff. Enough said. :shake:

:jawdrop: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sour cherry Warheads. Enough said.

Haha, oh yeah, I remember elementary school almost felt like a rave with all those flashing lights...

Home-what?

And let's not forget that in the 90s, analog cellphones were the best!

And one for the French-Canadians (aka Flix)... remember Distribution aux Consommateur?

18. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I remember a lot of those things, though I remember a lot of stuff from the 80s as well. Golden Axe did kick a lot of ass, as did Earthworm Jim and VECTORMAN!

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Here's how Old I am...

Mr. T, Hulk Hogan's Rock and Wrestling, Pac Man, Saturday Supercade (featuring Donkey Kong, Q*bert, Frogger, Space Ace, Donkey Kong Junior) and Dragon's Lair.

Atari 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision...

Star Wars, Superman...

Wayne Gretzky...

I remember a time before Fox...

Actually I spent that night drinking beer in a Hotel Bar in Atlanta...

My Terminal program ran through DOS, and I used Newsgroups and E-mail in 1995...

I remember these video disks that you had to rent the disks and the players. They were about a foot across or bigger...

20. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sounds like me...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.