1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You looking forward to this game????

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by masj, Feb 14, 2001.

1. masj Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Heya Guys,

I gotta say that I am REALLY looking forward to the release. This game is going to fulfil a lot of PnP DM's dreams especially mine. It may be a big project, but I would really love to build a game world of my own based upon all of the adventures that I have run over the last 11 years.
    Anyway enough of my ranting I just wanted to say it! :)

Masj

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I don't think NWN can replace table top D&D but it is one step closer to that gold than anything else ever released. It's going to take a totally interactive environment to replace table top playing. I think building my D&D worlds is extremely cool but being able to DM then is the best!

I can't wait to play this game!

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] If our highest hopes are realised then NWN will combine the best of PnP (live DMs, 'infinite variety' of modules, real people as the other part members) with the best of CRPG (fast real time resolution of combat without endless dice rolling and tables, everything visible in 3D) Plus it will be bigger than either - A huge world like > 50DMs joined together or >50 linked Baldur's Gates. Wow!

4. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Somebody get me a towl . . .

Just listening to other people talk about NWN makes me get giddy with anticipation!

Actually, I applied to 'The Vale of the Lost Souls' group yesterday. I am getting prepared to lose a good chunk of my life, prepaying bills, ISP services, etc.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm pretty excited about it! I used to love playing P&P, but it's been a long time since my friends and I have gotten together for a game - I kinda miss it!

So if NWN is close to the P&P experience with the visualsZbʒ

6. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

is never winter nights another sequel to bg?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Nope, in fact it has nothing to do with it. It's using an entirely new 3D engine to boot.
    I suggest you surf over to http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN and read all about it.

8. masj Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Guys, can anyone beat US$27.00 for the DM's guide delivered? Just wondering if there is a better price out there.

Masj

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I just got the DMG, PHB, and MM for 3ed from Amazon for $56.00 US (w/shipping)

Only down side - It took 10 days for Amazon to get it to me...They used to be much quicker when using UPS ground.

10. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Going along simlar thoughts... Why does BG2 say that you will be able to import you char into NWN? They are not realated, have way different rules, and stats are going to be much different as well. I don't know exactly how that will work.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31

I'm with you there. BG2 is 2E and NWN is 3E. I ended BG2 at 17th lvl, and I assume I'll start NWN at 1st lvl. I think when they put that into the 'loading' screens of BG2 they were not thinking straight.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] In ALFA the only thing you would import is the name and the picture. Some other 'non vaulted' worlds may let you import anything.

14. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

NWN will not have a brand new engine. Its actually based off the Omen Engine used it MDK2. Bioware has tweaked and enhanced it, renaming it Aurora.

15. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

I just got off my butt and drove down the Wizards of the Coast store in Woodland Mall and bought all three.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.