1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know you've played Dragon Age too much when...

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by CelticDream, May 23, 2010.

1. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    1. You can recite, virtually word for word, what every NPC says during the main cut-scenes in the game.

2. You literally dream about the next character you'll create in the character creation screen (happened to me last night).

3. You spend a lot of time searching for that next perfect player created mod to add to your already numerous list of mods currently installed in your game.

Please... add some others that you might have come up with!

(I don't want to be the only one who plays this game too much :lol:)

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    4. You're exhausted. You should go to sleep. But the Darkspawn threat is too dire to allow yourself to rest.

5. You find yourself getting angry that the chantry won't let you live your life, just because you happened to have been born a mage.

6. You only speak the chant of light during dinner with your family.

3. CelticDream

Media:
    Yes, yes, yes!! It's even worse now, thanks to having free time in between spring & summer semesters at my college. I'm finding it's much later than I thought it was when I finally exit the game... been going to bed anywhere between 2-3 a.m. most nights :o

I finally understand this one since I'm starting a mage PC right now. Damn the Chantry and its templars!!

I haven't done that yet, but I have been finding myself saying "Oh Maker" instead of "Oh God", and when trying to pray, thinking of the words to the Chant instead...

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Okay, just for the record, I don't actually do number 6 (can't say the same for 4 and 5). I just thought it was funny. :p

That said, if you go by Sister Theohild of Denerim's version of the Chant, speaking it at dinner time is actually rather appropriate:

"Those who bring ham without provocation to the least of his children, are breaded and cursed by his hand."

I love the walking by the bickering sisters in Denerim

5. CelticDream

Media:
    I love it when she mentions peas and veal as well. "It's peace, sister, peace, not peas." It's even funnier when you get into a conversation with them and choose the option "I like her version better than the one the Chantry teaches" or something like that :D

6. Marceror

Media:
    I just spoke to them and had myself a good laugh. In keeping with number 6, here a few highlights for those wanting to speak the chant during mealtime:

Sister Theohild: She shall know the peas of the Maker's benediction.

Mother Perpetua: Peace, Sister, peace. "She shall know the peace of the Maker's benediction."

Sister Theohild: "The Veal holds no uncertainty for her, and she will know no fear of death, for the Maker shall be her bacon and her shield, her foundation and her--

Mother Perpetua: There's no veal in the Chant! You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

And when you ask what verse she was reciting:

Sister Theohild: It's the tenth stanza from the Transfigurations. Lovely canticle, that one. You should have heard Brother Caedmon sing it, though!

GW: He sang it well, I take it.

ST: He had a voice like a bucket full of toads. Revered Mother Boann, bless her heart, aways said, "If we had more voices like his, the Maker couldn't fail to take note of us."

GW: What happened to him?

ST: It was tragic, really. Such a surprise...

Mother Perpetua: We don't speak of that.

GW: He died?

ST: He was in charge of the lyrium storehouse. It wasn't... good for him, you see.

He took off all his clothes in the middle of the Chant one Summerday and ran into the street.

He tripped and fell into the vat of elderberry wine for the feast, and drowned. We were six days drying him out for his cremation... he looked like a pickled egg. So tragic...

It is almost mealtime, isnt it?

:D

7. CelticDream

Media:
    Y'know, I went there with my party about an hour ago, listened to that conversation, had a good giggle, and then got the call from downstairs... "Dinner's ready!" My family couldn't figure out why I was having a bad case of the giggles while I'm eating dinner... we had grilled ham steaks and peas...

Ok, getting the giggles again... must... stop... giggling! :D

Y'know, this is another sign we've played too much! But it's just too fun to stop! (I don't plan on stopping, because this much laughter has to be good for you :) )

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When you have more action on DAO than in real life.

9. CelticDream

Media:
    Ok, unfortunately I had a non PG-13 thought when I read that.. unless that's what you meant? If so, I can definitely 2nd that motion!! :o

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

It could go both ways...

11. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Oh, you mean Zevran? Or Leliana? :p

7. was the action one, right?

8. when you start making lists like this one.

9. when you start contributing to the list.

10. when the number of modded weapons in your "dowloaded content" section is way too high (which means you'll never be able to use all these weapons unless you use them only once with one character and keep on playing DAO for the next twelve years).

11. (derived from number 10) when you seriously plan on making that unarmed build (Rogue or Warrior only of course).

12. when you start using the character creator to create ugly characters with the idea of romancing Leliana or Alistair (funnier with a female IMO) and later dump them.

13. when alienating followers becomes more appealling than pleasing them.

14. when you realize that you have created more characters than you would had thought possible given the limited number of choices at character creation (which also means that even if you spent the next twelve years exclusively playing DAO you would never be able to finish all these playthroughs).

15. when you realize that you have unlocked most achievements without even meaning to unlock them.

16. when you start planning out your entire game beforehand (including not only character build but items and order of quests).

17. when you're so bored that you start picking choices semi-randomly.

18. when you start spending more time playing with the toolset than actually playing the game (that sucks).

19. when you start using the toolset to play as a qunari sized character, a kid or a dwarf mage.

20. when you start commenting the on screen action with your own one liners (preferably in a thick fake Orlesian accent, otherwise it doesn't count).

12. Marceror

Media:
    My latest one:

21. When you make it a serious side-goal to unlock all of the achievements.

I'm currently at 80 of 96 unlocked. Why I care about this at all, I have absolutely no idea. These achievements aren't worth anything, yet I find myself wanting them....

13. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

[​IMG]
    22. Knowing how to unlock all achievements but holding off to unlock them all because you want to complete each origin and enjoy the game.

I unlocked the heavy hitter achievement when I was playing DAO Awakening and used one of the cool special abilities at the very last fight. It was kinda disappointing way of acquiring the Heavy Hitter achievement.

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You know you've been playing too much DA:O when...

...you leave your undies on when doing the hibbedy-dibbedy.

...you give someone a gift and look for a golden "+8" to shoot out of their head.

...you become disappointed when you ask your dog to go find a suit of armor and he just sits there.

15. Marceror

Media:
    I'm going to have to strongly agree with Death Rabbit on number 23 (which he neglected to number). If you're doing that, then you definitely have played too much Dragon Age! :p

(Number 23 was the undie one, for the arithmetically challenged)

@MB
    Regarding heavy hitter, that is one that I still don't have. My arcane warrior / battlemage in my last run through actually landed a 247 damage using that battlemage frost spell combined with elemental mastery near the end of awakening. So close! Anders used the same combo against the inferno golem in the mother's lair, and did close to 350 damage. Wow!

I guess I could replay that same battle against the inferno golem and use that spell combo with my arcane warrior to get the achievement... but that feels a little cheap to me too.

16. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

There is spell that you can get that will damage mages and do massive amount of damage. I was trying to get 250 points with my dual wielding character and not by some stupid special ability that you only get to use ONCE!

17. Caradhras

Media:
    The Heavy Hitter achievement is pretty easy to get with an Archer (Arrow of Slaying ;)).

I'm dealing with the effects of number 18 in the list (and yes, it sucks).

18. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

In the spirit of 15 - when you start getting achievements because you want to change up how you play through/check every possible option :(

19. Caradhras

Media:
    What is funny is that I actually gave number 11 a shot (with a Dwarf Commoner Warrior it wasn't that bad actually and if I were to stick to this game the little guy would probably end up doing quite nicely).

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    26) When you start calling online trolls Darspawn and chase them with your dog. After playing DA:O I did start calling them Darkspawn and at least fantasied chasing them with Dog.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.