1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know what?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Thermopyle, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Thermopyle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm beginning to really HATE Icewind Dale II.

I'm currently trying to get through the Chamber of Retardation (oops sorry, Immolation) and find that nothing I tries works against those ****ing monks.

I enjoyed playing Icewind Dale I, because you could use tactics and strategies, and they worked. Well in this edition, who know what the **** is going to work (seemingly nothing) and I am tired of the MO: Let's reload and maybe I'll get lucky this time.

This game is ****ed. :mad:

2. Omihsoy Gems: 1/31

I have one piece of useful information to guide you threw: try harder

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Aside from the obvious New York stereotyping, I'd say it's time to cheat.

Speed up your character's walking rate, boost their hp, or crank up their resistances for the battle.

Then drop it back to normal, afterwards.

5. Thermopyle Gems: 1/31

For the guy who says try harder: you have no idea how many variations I tried. Many. Tried 5 out of my 6 team members.

After seeing that my Barbarian/Fighter (with highest HP and STR + 2 handed fighting) came closest to killing them, I slid the difficulty meter down to easy (yuk) and he managed to finish them with 6 HP remaining. Phew.

As for cheating, not interested. I just think that ID2 is a little bit overmatched: you know, when the monks do like 40 fire damage. Come on.

Anyway, well past that fiasco, and deep into the Underdark passage. Man those driders... :heh:

6. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

monks help. evade every flame strike. naked monks have insane attacks. 1st time playin it thru, my monk was lv 11 n already had 4 attacks per round. when in trouble, heal w/ that skill--whachamacallit--wholeness of body or somethin. never power atk, it seems to lower chance of hitting.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I used strategies and stuff in both games and found they worked. If you can't cope with harder levels try playing through easy then get harder. Or maybe you need to modify your party and level them.

8. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yah monks are good...beause their cool..they have no armor you know...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.