1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know what the SP forum needs?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Sarevok•, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well in the whatnots there is always so much about music and such so I thought wouldn’t it be swell if SP had a little music forum, we could call it the music corner or something. Perhaps we could swap it with the PoR forum :wave: :wave:

Just a thought -

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I want to make the name. Ummm....

1. Whistler's Warehouse

2. Radio Shack (wait, where have I heard that before?)

3. Music Hole

4. Singer's Sanctuary

Awe, I got nothing.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We've had suggestions for separate music and movie forums in the past, but I don't think there's really that much interest in that that Whatnots couldn't handle it... Though, admittedly, Whatnots has become bloated over the years. It's so full of posts that it's slowing down the rest of UBB. Which won't really be a problem once we switch to vB, but that might take a while longer. So the idea might have some merit at this point. If I close down Whatnots and open two new separate forums (for music and for movies), along with one which would be the new Whatnots (sans the topics which would now have separarte forums), it should work pretty nicely. Let's hear it what people think about this idea.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

That's a good idea. I mean, there's a forum for books. Why not tunes and flicks? Besides, Whatnots is so backed up, a good shot of exlax is just what it needs.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Sound like a good idea to me.

6. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Being that I was one of the people that made that suggestion, my vote is YES :p

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No seperate forum about drinking? :(

8. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :lol: chevy, Maybe we can have a #sp_AA chat room as well :rolleyes:

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sorvo, that was cruel. :D

Also, I am for this one.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Maybe we could merge Booktalk in with music, movies, and other entertainment. Switch it to Entertainment-talk or something. Booktalk doesn't seem to get a lot of postings.

11. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm for this, it may encourage more talk about music and movies which is a good thing.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I agree with Oaz (for once).

And I did think that Whatnots was rather filling up with music talk ... It seems that the BoM is up for another change.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Books will always be separate. The only question at this point is whether to make two separate forums (for music and movies), or just one which would cover both.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Cover both, please. And later include books too. The Alley of Amusement. It might help to peak my interest for books, or learn something new while browsing the Movie and music topics, instead of just skipping the book forum entirely. I think that Books and movies have just as much in common as movies and music do, and it wouldn't harm if the forum could draw one new thread a day, to make people come by more often, than hardly at all. :)

15. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'd say one for both should suffice.

I mean, how much can be said about movies :hahaerr:

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

One is enough, or otherwise the "selection" might become too large and thus create sections that are mostly ignored (like current PoR). Besides, music-enthusiasts are their own, small group whereas movies are mass-enterntainment.

17. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The POR forum is ignored because it's an awful game and no one wants to discuss it.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Music and movies in one is fine. Or maybe just a general Entertainment forum, so that chev's drinking topics could go there too. :p :D

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think one for music alone would be better.

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was "an enema?" :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.