1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You find something new everytime...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Cal Jones, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I've just finished Baldur's Gate for the third time and had to have a good old laugh at something. When visiting the Low Lantern, my female PC spoke to one of the courtesans who replied something along the lines of "You must be looking for Schvantz, he's hanging out here somewhere."

If anyone knows German slang, that's pretty damn hilarious. :D

Another thing I found was upstairs in one of the Inns, you'll find Carbos and Shank's sister/cousin (one's her brother, one's her cousin) who is worried about where her relatives have got to. Oops! But then it turns out she doesn't really care about them...it's more that they owe her money. That's OK then.

Caradhras likes this.
  2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Well, let us know. That's like acting like a girl who takes her shirt off and says "What are you looking at?" :eek:

3. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

urban dictionary says it is yiddish for penis

4. Cal Jones

I think it's spelled Schwanz in German, but yeah, that's exactly what it means, lol!

5. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I almost hope there is a yiddish version with "v" and a more colloquial connotation. If it's spelled with a "w" then it goes beyond slang, it's really very vulgar - especially when you consider the context.

6. Cal Jones

It was just the reference to Schvantz and "hanging out" that tickled me. :D

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're telling me. The last time I played BG I found a loose sock I thought I'd lost.

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Okay, so it's not exactly like a girl taking her shirt off.

Pretty darn funny though! :)

9. Cal Jones

Hey sexeh, d'ya wanna take a look at ma titties?

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Diddies! Diddies! With a dee and a double D! :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.