1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Leethal, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Leethal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Damn i was cut when i lost yoshi, with celestrial fury he was god!
    He is also the best npc thief...by far.I also found him quite amusing and interseting
    Is there any way to get him in throne of bhaal?
    (And i dont want smart come backs like yoshis dead ect)

2. FoolioBuddumz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i dont have ToB...but i dont think you get him back. well, if he was attacking me in SoA...he wouldn't be alive to see ToB :)

3. Demonater351 Guest

Most definately not. You can't get Yoshimo back, ever. Let him go. :)

4. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You can only free his soul.
    Spoiler :
    Some people say you can cheat by installing ToB, going to Watcher's keep, get Yoshi imprisoned by a lich, play through SoA, start ToB, go to WK and free Yoshi. Too much effort for my taste (and you will have to cheat to get him some Exp!).

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

You get Imoen back instead of Yoshimo. Imoen is noet a pure thief but she can fight with Celestrial Fury. She is not a good fighter as Yoshimo but she has mage spells Yoshimo doesn't have.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Leethal: If you're absolutely set on keeping Yoshi, here's how I've heard it's done:

take him with you to spellhold, and clear out the town. Then, before heading out to spellhold by whatever means you've decided, swing by the inn or pub. An 'area change' is what is important here. Pause, chuck him out, and cruise to spellhold. After clearing out spellhold, head back to where you dropped Yoshi off. As soon as you walk into the establishment where you chucked him out of the party, pause the game. You'll have about 1/4 to 1/2 second. He should be right by the entrance. Talk to him, have him join up. He'll die right after you unpause the game. Resurrect him at the temple, and he's good to go for the rest of the game.

I have no idea how many bugs this will cause...

7. JDR1000 Gems: 1/31

I like the imprisonment plan. Does anyone know if it really works? It seems to me that the gease would still kill him as soon as you freed him.

8. [​IMG] It's disgustingly disappointing how SoA has 3 m/t, and 1 pure thief who gets killed halfway in the game. tsk tsk. :flaming:

9. Demonater351 Guest

Methinks it's SoA's none-too-subtle way of herding you into the direction of picking a thief class for your character. ;)

10. JDR1000 Gems: 1/31

Well.....has anyone succeeded in getting Yoshimo past chapter 3?

11. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

Yeah I have, all the way to Spellhold which is in Chapter 4

12. JDR1000 Gems: 1/31

You're real funny *ssh%le but I think you know what I meant. Does anyone know if that imprisonment tactic works?

13. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

JDR..hehehe sorry couldnt resist...hey I like the guy, even if he turns out to be a traitor, but thats a part of the game...so basicly trying to use various tactics to keep him, isnt that cheating..I'm just sad they didnt choose a more "useless" NPC

14. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If the NPC was more useless you probably wouldn't have him with you when you went to spellhold and then you couldn't see that he was a traitor.

15. Leethal Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Cool, I think that i will try the imprisonment trick, as i really wanna finish soa with yoshi in my party.....
    Thanks for all the replys peoples

16. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Uhhhh....getting through the i's and improper possessives was hard, but I can tell you this:

The stupidest people say the smartest things. How ironic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.