1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yes, I'm a Bad American by George Carlin

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level
    governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican! I'm in touch with
    my feelings and I like it that way, damn it!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not
    entitle you to anything, you don't work for!

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English.
    And if you are a citizen of the United States start speaking the language.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than
    working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the billm to put
    your pansy ass through 4 years plus, of college, you haven't begun to be
    enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where
    they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled
    Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when
    I'm freezing my ass off during these long winters and paying, paying, paying?

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the
    desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or
    been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up
    already.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson
    practices, which branch of the Government he gets his money, and why he
    is always part of the problem and not the solution.

Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running
    from them. I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're
    breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you
    deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the
    next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap
    or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people
    should be targets.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents,
    a married man and woman.

I believe if she has her lips on your Willie, it's sex, and this applies even
    if you are President of the United States.

And what the hell is going on with gas prices... again?

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American. If you
    are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.
    We need our country back!

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did not read the whole song but what I did was pretty funny. ;)
    One thing caught my eye though, it was about the burger seller that should speak the language. What is the language of the US? I was under the impression that the USA do not have an official language. That English may be the most widespread language but that it is not the official one. I can be wrong as I cant remember from where I have got it but I am fairly sure.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Yeeehhhhaaawwwww! What a post! I'd like to hear the song, if as Joacquin said it is one. That described everything I believe in. I especially like the business about no having owned a slave or burned a witch. I always hate it when liberals get this sanctimonious look on their face and say "we're ALL racist!" WTF does that mean? I have never turned a qualified person down for a job (I've never hired anyone!), I have never physically abused ANYONE, regardless of skin color. I have never donated money to the KKK, Aryan Nations or any other white supremist group. There is zero evidence out there that anyone could gather that would come anywhere close to convicting me of being a racist, SO DON'T TELL ME I AM ONE!

4. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

*Ahem* It's actually not a song, it's a rant, and it's not actually written by George Carlin, who would have used far worse language. It's just written in his particular style. I'm not saying it isn't *good*, I'm just saying....

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Amen, I must be a bad American too.

On the Jesse Jackson thing ... oh Heck Yeah, Amen & get him out of town!

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I think English is the official language of the U.S. People are free to speak what they wish, of course, but as this rant mentions, the majority language is English! Learn it! When I was in Japan, I didn't expect everyone to speak English.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Last I heard the U.S.A. does not have an official language. I remember hearing about government debates that were going on back in 2001 about whether or not to make English the official language but I never heard about whether this was actually enacted into law. Maybe someone from the U.S. could let us know?

8. Klonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am a Bad American as well.
    Amen: I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents,
    a married man and woman.

Amen: I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

LOL, we may not be a superpower, but we Brits still have one advantage. We can always take back our language! Then where will you be? Eh? Eh? :lol:

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Eh? Eh? NUKE ENGLAND!!

Oh, wait, Canada has no bombs. Oh, well, it's all for the best -- I still want to see London and Stonehenge, not to mention a few other UK sites, so maybe we'd be better off just sharing the language and keeping the nukes in their silos (or better yet, scrapping them!)

11. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty sure thats George, DJ. Elios just can't put the "nice" words in ;) Seen him twice, great comedian :) Yes, I'm a very bad american :evil:

12. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There's two different versions, but if you get it as an email, then it's not Carlin. I (sort of) have proof!

Snopes.com

[ March 20, 2003, 03:52: Message edited by: Dragon's Jewel ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.