1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yes, Gopher's Back (again)!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Errol, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] "Huzzah shouts the peoples!"

That's right, Freeserve decided to finally let me back online on the basis that I spend <10 hours a day online, or they will re-block me off their server thingy.
    :D
    So i'm back, hopefully for good.
    Just thought I'd let you know that.
    :thumb:

2. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Welcome back. No offense but I can't say I missed ya since I didn't really know ya. But I've seen some of your past posts. I'd say its good to have you back!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Congratulations Goph! Why the time limit though?

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Welcome back Gopher!

Why did you ever leave us? (I've been absent now and then, so I must've missed it)

5. Errol Gems: 23/31

I put a topic on quite a while ago saying why I left. It was because my Net Provider kicked me off their server for being online too much.

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] They do that?

-"This customer seems to enjoy our product too much...let's force him to stop paying us and take away our services!"

-"Yeah! I hate this job!"

[ January 28, 2003, 07:33: Message edited by: The Deviant Mage ]

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Come on Goph, get a new one! If thay ban you for using their product then it seems that they don't realy want your money after all :money:

[ January 28, 2003, 12:41: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Given the name is "Freeserve", I'm guessing he doesn't pay much for the service.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    [​IMG] welcome back, Goph! :rolling:

10. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Was there a clause somewhere that said you should limit your online time. That is serious BS. You pay for a service, so you shouldn't be limited on it's use.

Oh, welcome back!?

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Gopher for president!

Welcome back! :p

12. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Surprisingly it's the UK's biggest internet provider. I have no idea why, as you can probably tell from the predicament Gopher was in, they suck. :)

13. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Yeah, What Z-Layrex said is right, they are one of the Uk's biggest internet providers, but apparently I was
    Go figure, what else am I bloody meant to do. But hey, i'm no lawyer. But hopefully it's all sorted out now.
    Grrr.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We just got a free freeserve trial in the post - we shall burn it as revenge, Gopher :grin:

15. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I checked the site, and they had the right to cut you off for some time (up to 10 min), but not longer for trying to d/l a 130 meg file.
    Seems like any users are restricted to upload TDD.

Anyway, welcome back.

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    BT actually had an unlimited surftime thing, then started cutting people off for being online too much. Stupid isn't it?

Edit: If you have NTL in your area I recommend them

[ February 02, 2003, 11:38: Message edited by: Shell ]

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah - my friend got cut off by BT *and* Freeserve - which they now use again after BT, which they swapped to after Freeserve....

I'm okay - I have BT surf (IIRC) you can go online after 6 on weekdays and all day at weekends - I get home at 6, I'm safe :) and BT is faster than Freeserve... either that or I'm just damn lucky :)

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Now where did i put that gopher repellant?? :confused:

Just kidding, good to have ya back ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.