1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yartar enters Beta

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The Yartar server, beautifully built by SP's own Arwen, is now 'up' on Alfa's Beta Vault list. Check it out and see if you can find any bugs to report on the Yartar column. The sooner we get sorted, the sooner we go Live.

ADM Erran

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Pretty cool...Arwen, eh? Impressive. I saw a couple time on the Anauroch server.

Can you have a pc in Beta AND in ALFA Live?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SP's own? Hm. I don't think she's been around any in the last 2 years. Heh...

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Sir Bel: Yes, 2 different Vault bits IIRC. You may find your new char in Yartar gets sent to quarantine first time so Arwen has to get you out and make sure you have the right papers. After that you are good to go.

Tal: Like so many RPers out there, SP was Arwen's introduction to the fantasy multiverse.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] We were her first, and now that she's moved on, she'll always remember us fondly. :love:

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, I would consider Arwen an SPer...Even though she's too cool to come around anymore!

Well...I'll have to check Yartar out some day...Maybe August when my life gets a little less stressful.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Tal - I think I saw her here a couple of month/weeks ago.(Dunno for sure.)

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So, "ADM Erran" does this mean you have officially given up on Phlan?

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] If Phlan is not going to go...Can we change the name of this forum to:

The Whirling Dagger
    The Spinning Dagger
    The Merrydale Times
    Belisariuses Bombastic Blathering
    Rem's Rant

or some such?

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I briefly took a look at Yartar the other day - couldn't stay long as my PC was sent to jail within about 20 seconds of arriving at the docks ;) I'll try to take a more in-depth tour soon though.

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

So, when will Yatar go live? (No pressure! ;) )

I did make a character there a few weeks ago, but none of the shops were open yet. How about a few tips ... where can a fellow go in Yatar for a scrap? I'd like to use Beta not only to help find your bugs, but also to refine my fighting techniques. (power-gamer???? naaaahhh)

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yes, unless something changes with AFS, I am resigned to Phlan being down. :(
    Some of the 'Phlan stuff' is being incorporated into Yartar. :)
    Live date depends on Arwen and how much help we get with bug testing - Seebo is already helping out. If, during bug hunting, you find out where some of the shops and quests are, how can we stop your naughty meta gaming PCs knowing that? ;)

Regarding the name of this column, I agree we should change it to reflect the changing circumstances. Yartar has an Inn called 'The Wink and Kiss' but maybe we should go for something more general like 'The News of the Realms'?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    PM me when you decide on the new forum name and description.

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The Wink and Kiss? That sounds awfully close to Rem Stoneybrook's copyrighted *Wink and Grin* move in ALFA. As you all must be aware of, Rem Stoneybrook, the Wink and Grin, and the patented slink and pinch are all property of Belisarius Entertainment Systems, LTD. A Delaware Limited Liability Corporation. ;) :grin: :spin: :roll:

How about:

The Wandering Wag

or

Adventure Online - Since there are other DnD products out there for online play...Just some suggestions

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Adventure Online is good ....

In keeping with my stand of luck how about, "Those About To Die Salute You!" ;)

Seriously, I know SP and ALFA are seperate projects, but I like the ALFA related thread here. If we open it up to all D&D related on-line games, it will be a multiplayer version of The Playground.

So, if Tal is willing to keep this thread for ALFA related issues, we could call it "ALFA and Beyond", or anything else.

If he wants this to be for all similar experiences, then I like "Adventure Online".

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The ALFA Nexus....Oooooo Cool and Spooky

or

The ALFA Mythal (or Portal)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.