1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

xParty AI script 1.4 released

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Xyx, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Xyx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This highly sophisticated yet conservative AI script automates tedious aspects of the game and leaves the cool stuff to the player. The script offers many configurable settings and provides lots of feedback. All class combinations and all of the NPCs are fully supported, so the script can be used by the entire party.

Installation
    • Put the xParty.bs file in your scripts folder, then assign it to each party member (by going to their Character Record, then Customize, then Script.)
    Features
    • Here is a quick run-down of the features. Details can be found in the ReadMe.

HotKeys
      • Press the following keys to control the script for the selected character(s):
        • : Fighting style
          • Change fighting style. The styles are:
            • Soldier: Engage nearby enemies in melee, stand and shoot at distant enemies (or charge if no ranged weapon is available.)
            • Guard: Engage nearby enemies in melee. Do not use ranged weapons.
            • Archer: Shoot, backpedal when engaged in melee, do not use melee weapons. Good for fragile mages.
            • Staff of the Magi (people with the staff only): Use the staff to stay invisible.
            • Bard (Bards only): Don't fight, just sing.
          [F]: Heal
          • Cast healing spells until the party is healed.
          [B ]: Bedtime preparation
          • Before resting, cast spells that last longer than 8 hours, such as Stoneskin, Iron Skins and Melf's Minute Meteors.
          [E]: Turn Undead mode
          • Turn undead that come close enough.
          [V]: Stealth mode
          • Hide whenever possible. Great for backstabbing. Note that this turns off trapfinding.
          [K]: Set traps
          • Set a bunch of traps.
          [N]: Individual AI toggle
          • Turn the AI off or back on for the selected character(s) only.
          [D] (while main character is selected): Drink healing potions
          • Set the type of potion that the party is allowed to drink when you order them to heal.

Combat AI
      • The party will defend itself in combat and will engage enemies in the manner appropriate to their combat style. They will focus their attacks, preferring to finish off wounded enemies and ignoring disabled enemies (panicked, held, etcetera) until all the "live" enemies are dead.
      Trapfinding
      • Thieves and Monks will automatically look for traps.
      Auto-cast
      • The party will automatically use the following spells and items:
        • Girdle of Fortitude
        • Hold Person, Charm Animal, Charm Person or Animal and the Ring of Human Influence (the script is very good at identifying suitable targets)
        • Melf's Minute Meteors
        • Armor
        • Stoneskin, Iron Skins and the Gargoyle Boots
        • Wondrous Recall (to get back healing spells, Iron Skins, and Insect Plague)
        • Create Bruiser Mates (for Jan if he has the Flasher Launcher)
        They will take care not to anger the Cowled Wizards.
      Cure poison
      • The party will automatically try to cure poison.

The script has been quite thorougly tested. I am currently on my third playthrough with it.

I would really like to hear what others think of my work. I welcome feedback of all kinds, including discussion of choices made and requests for additional features.

Download

Get it here

hannibal555 likes this.
  2. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Tested it shortly, haven't too much time this week.
    Nice effort, I like it so far, will definitely playtest it when my next bigger playsession starts.
    One minor thing I don't like from reading the readme:
    The cheesy hiding in shadow without delay. Couldn't it be solved by
    adding an extra line like wait(a few millisecs)?
    I know that some script commands allow for cheesy things like uninterruptable spellcasting and so on, but I wouldn't like them incorporated in a PC script.
    But that's only a minor complaint. Otherwise it looks pretty nice.

3. Xyx Gems: 5/31

My script does not allow you to do anything that you wouldn't normally be able to do. The hiding is indeed a little cheesy, but one of the scripts that ships with the game already does this. The script is thief4. I think it's called Thief - Adventurer, or something like that.

4. Big Kahuna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

sorry if this is a duh question, but I am a novice at Baldurs Gate II.

Would this AI script also work for Shadows of Amn ??

5. Xyx Gems: 5/31

You mean without Throne of Bhaal installed? Probably not, but I don't know for sure. Should be easy enough for you to try it. If you do, please let me know whether or not it works!

6. Big Kahuna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have BGII which I downloaded from GOG.com and it came with both expansion packs.

I will try it tonight and see how it goes.
    It looks like a really good script.

Update:

Tried loading this last night. I extracted files to the Baldur Gate II/scripts folder.
    Went into the game and the customize screen for scripts, and it was not there.
    When I looked in the BGII/script directory there were two folders, one for partyX and the other said
    "script compiler". So I moved the content of the partyx folder back to the BGII script folder.
    Then when I went into the game and customize scripts the partyx was there. I assigned it to a character but the
    "S" hot key for fighting style is the only key that would work.
    Again, I am trying this with the Shadows of Amn expansion,
    so that may be the reason it doesnt work for me.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.