1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Xan BG2 Mod Released

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jcompton, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Version 1 of the Xan NPC Mod for Baldur's Gate II has been released at PPG.

Xan has an extensive friendship path with the PC, banters with every Bioware NPC, a vast amount of interjections, character reactions and other scenery dialogue. His soundset and banters are fully voiced.

If you played and enjoyed Xan Romance included into BG1 NPC project, you may continue it. As well, you may start a completely new, different romance with Xan. Content currently covers the Shadows of Amn portion of the game, but users with SOA or SOA+TOB installed may use the mod.

For more information and download links, visit the Xan home page.

2. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Nice ! ;)

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

He is the enchanter guy from the tutorial right?

He seemed harmless enough, but he does not posses a cheeful spirit, to say the least. (DULL!)

Anyway, nice mod for female PCs! :thumb: But I fear the readme really scared me off, the mod can cause many bugs and conflicts with other mods right, especially for Xan's voicing?

4. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

No, actually it should be all right.

All Pocket Plane Group mods are distributed via WeiDU. They patch things, they do not overwrite things. This mod simply adds Xan NPC(with his new voicing and all) into the Government District. It does not conflict with Xan in the Tutorial, or with other game files. All Xan NPC mod files use a specific prefix, so they do not overwrite other mod's files, and no mod overwrites their files. We tested it with all Pocket Plane mods(except, I think, for Ashes of Embers and some tweaks), but it should work fine with all other WeiDU mods, too.

Aaaand... I dare say it's not dull at all. Well, see for yourself. :)

EDIT: This note you've seen in Xan Readme(create a backup of override directory and dialog.tlk) is actually a useful piece of advice: this way, you can save a lot of time when reinstalling.

5. Warmonger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Xan has alway been great. My favourite character from BG1 } :) . I hope this one will be great too.
    Big thanks!

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Although Xan's, shall we say 'loveable', comments and banter to the group is umm great :D he is after all, a Diviner and as such quite useless in the BG series. Still, it seems some people rely quite heavily on taking characters they 'like' and not a choice based on strengths and weaknesses. Nevertheless, nice work!

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

He was an enchanter in tutorial IIRC, though he had MMisile spell in his book. :confused:

8. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

I don't know about his uselessness - in my game, he casts Greater Malison+Emotion or Chaos, and then my frontliners chop 'em all in seconds.

However, I am planning to add a class tweak for him in the next version - Fighter/Mage - plain Mage -Sorcerer - Wild Mage, same as TUTU offers for BG1. So yeah, there'll be plenty of choice.

Thank you for your feedback.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Can we SK him into different class/kit, will it bug his interactions and romance? Just curious. :good:

10. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

Changing his class or kit will work fine, so help yourself. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.