1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Xan and Safana bugs

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Kieran, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Kieran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So on my umpteenth playthrough, I picked up Xan who was at level 2, yet he only had two first level spell slots. Shouldn't he have three? Also, was there ever a mod released to fix the bug where Safana's charm animal ability disappears after you rest?

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've seen spell slot anomalies in both games, most notably Minsc at the start of BG2. They always get fixed at level up. You can use Gatekeeper or Sword Coast Keeper (ToTSC only) to fix it temporarily, and you can use Sword Coast Keeper to fix it permanently for future games if you wish by editing the CRE file. I believe you can also use DLTCEP to fix it permanently as well.

I've never had a problem with Safana's charm ability save that it was charm person rather than charm animal. I don't recall her having charm animal, only charm person. I can't recall if Minsc, Jaheria, or Faldorn had the charm animal power in BG1 as it's been a while since I played, but I swear it was one or more of those three.

Kieran likes this.
  3. Kieran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks Slick.

So, spell slot anomalies are a pretty common problem them? I'm not that bothered in this playthrough as I intend to ditch Xan for Faldorn when I can, I just wondered if this was always the case with Xan.

As for Safana, you're probably right that it is person rather than animal. But it seems to be every time I use her that ability always disappears after resting.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.