1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X2 - Did you see it this weekend?!?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, May 5, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh man! I think it was better than the first one!!! What did you think?

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Unfortunately I havent seen it yet, but I will soon :)

Is Gambit in it?

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Nope, not yet...But you can tell from the end that there will be a sequel!!!

BTW - Nightcrawler was awesome!!!!

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Yeah, awesome movie, even though it was glaringly unfaithful to the comics.

Nightcrawler's powers were so cool! And Wolverine Kills! He kills! Yes! Go back to your momma's teats, Spiderwimp!

IMO, a true hero should be willing to kill. And kill his enemies painfully.

Overall, a much better movie than the first one, though the first one wasn't bad at all.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't know about accuracy, mostly because it's been a loooooong time since I read the comics! When I did, the X-Men team consisted of:

Wolverine
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    and Kitty Pride (AKA: Shadowcat...But this wasn't her name when I read them!)

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Amazingly enough, Velcro and I saw X2 this weekend, as well (we almost never see movies in the theatre!). I was good and very enjoyable but I wouldn't call it "awesome." The story moved along well but it was never and edge-of-your-seat ride. There wasn't much suspense, and the thread about Jean needed to be developed better. Overall, it was worth the price of the babysitter. :roll:

The effects for Nightcrawler and Mystique were amazing, and Ian MacKellen ROCKS! :love:

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The movie ROCKS! Nightcrawler and Wulverine too(especially when they're pissed off :evil: ).

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There was only one thing that pissed me off about it, and that was that all of a sudden, Storm has no Egyptian accent...what up wit dat, Halle? Other than that, I thought it was great. Better than the first, in fact.

LOOK HERE: If you don't want even the slightest spoiler, skip over the rest of my post. Though my spoilers are very slight.

The coolest part about it by far was all the forshadowing and hint dropping it did. I'll try my best to point out the thing or two I noticed without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it - but those who have seen it should know exactly what I'm talking about. In one scene in a bar, a TV is showing a talk show in which a man in a suit and glasses is talking about (I think) mutant rights or something. The caption said his name was "Dr. Hank McCoy." I won't say who he is, but later on he is big and fuzzy and blue (hint hint).

In another scene, Mystique is on a computer, looking over a list of 'discovered' mutants. Were I paying more attention, I would have read them all. But the one I did catch was 'Remy Lebeau.' I'm not saying who he is, but he digs poker (hint hint, Jesper989).

And in one more, one of the students at the school, a giant buffed out teen mutant stops bullets by forming his body into metal (hint hint, did you notice that, Sir Bel?).

Did anyone else notice any little hints like I did?

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I liked it as well. Same as with the first movie, it was good in the sense that the movie was not merely about special effects and cool mutant powers. They were actual characters, the mutant abilities being more of an added extra. I really liked this about it.

I loved the characters in it. Magneto wasn't evil, it clearly stated that he only wanted the mutants to be free. Considering the scenes about his past in X1, his idea of humans being a dispensable evil was quite understandable. Also I really liked the character Lady Deathstrike. After having showed that she clearly was just another one of Stryker's victims, who had undergone the same suffering as Wolverine yet unable to act upon her own free will for the mind-control drug.. she was still killed. Somehow that scene seemed so sad to me, when she gained freedom of the drug, and even Wolverine winced understanding the pain and injustice of it all. It wasn't a clear evil vs. good battle, but everyone had their reasons that were all good and right from a certain point of view, and many were merely victims who were innocent to what was truly going on.

10. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

All I can say is Rebecca Romijn-Stamos is HOT! :jawdrop: Mystique stole the show again!

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes! I saw Kitty and Colossus...Very, very cool!

Wasn't Colossus russian in the comics?

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yup, a solid russian farmer.

I had a teen-age crush on Kitty back in the day. We played the Marvel Comics RPG, and my character would try to hit on her. (wow, I was young and dumb ... and that was before Psylock's transformation :love: )

Can't wait to see this movie! Gotta get there this week, even if it means skipping a little work!

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I saw it, I loved it. Colossus didn't talk much, so they might make him Russian in the third one. Not a deep thinker movie, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, either that or German, but I think you're right. He did have a little bit of an accent IIRC, in the 2 or 3 lines he had. I may be wrong, but do you think the asian looking girl in Xavier's office in one of the last scenes could be Psylock?

15. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Man, it was great. Nightcrawler is just so well done.

My favorite part is something Death Rabbit mentioned - when Mystique is going through a mutant database and the cursor lights on Remy Lebeau, then moves on.

Being a huge fan of the Cajun card-slinger, I can't wait until the third movie.

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I like X2. And I liked X1, too.

After the Prequel debacle, and the Two Towers scandal, it is nice to see a movie series where the sequel is every bit as good as the original; if not better.

X2 is a new direction. There's still character development, but since you've knocked out the basic plot and history in the first, it's a new direction. A really good direction.

But, for the people that even have the remotest interest in the X-Men thing, or people that messed around with the cartoon or comic when they were younger:

See it twice.

There are little tiny details that you will miss the first time, and that really make it obvious the movie was extra-ordinarily well done. The second time through, look around during the main scenes, and pickup the sidelines, because there is some neatness in the details.

17. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

damn it was awesome....

Everyone kicks ass....and Wolverine gets his ass kicked...as usual, the good guy bad guy handfight is just *barely* won.

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I was going to make a comment about you needing to get a life ... but the truth is, I'm jealous!!!

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I really enjoyed the film, much more then the first one actually. Sure it isn't high art but why would you expect it to be. It is a film based upon a comic book series and it does a good job of capturing the spirit of those comic books (at least those before 1993 when I stopped collecting comics - I really don't know what they have done since that time). Sure, they have changed some (o.k. - a lot) of the details but in spirit the film felt like the x-men I remeber from the late 80s and early 90s.

Which one? She seemed to change every time you turned around? I would assume you mean her Asian-body-swap-ninja-bikini look although they may have come up with something else since I stopped reading.

I kind of find it amusing that everyone I speak to is talking about how Colossus does not speak with a Russian accent given that he has such a small part compared to Pyro who does not appear to have even a slight trace of the very strong Australian accent he sported in the comics.

I am fairly sure that that was Jubilee. Jubilee was definitely in the film so unless there were two different Asian girls. Hmm, I was going to make some sort of comic book logic based argument as to why it couldn't be Psylock but I guess that would be kind of silly given everything else in the movies that is diferent from the comics.

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Wasn't Jubilee in the first film? If so, should be the same person.

On Psylock ... yeah, when they turned her from an up-tight englishwoman in chain-mail to the ninja. Even my wife commented on her "software". ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.